PDA

View Full Version : Another cool piece from Scott Mock ...

mpozziCPL
10-01-2011, 11:30 PM
They just keep on a comin' ... and this one is a two-piece mount for your fire extinguisher. I saw this last July and immediately wanted one for my Camaro. Having had to grab one in a hurry, getting the extinguisher separated from that pesky slide-in bracket can seem like eternity when you're watching a friend's Camaro do it's best to self-immolate.

How cool is this??
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4884.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4885.jpg

Once it's mounted in the car, just pull the T-handle to release the extinguisher and it's ready to go!! While you can clamp the extinguisher directly to the bracket, I bolted it in place. Once it was in place, it stayed there. No rattles, either.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4934.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4935.jpg

The hardest part was finding a suitable location for the newly fitted extinguisher. I chose an area behind the seat and within easy reach.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4946.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q75/Awsum24/Camaro%20website%20photos/IMG_4945.jpg

Contact Scott Mock here on the site (he's CoolWelder62) or at www.vintageracingandperformance.com for more information and pricing.

Mary Pozzi

camcojb
10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
speed is everything when there's a fire. :yes: Thanks for the info Mary.

coolwelder62
10-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Mary,Thank's for Posting.I hope you never have to use it.But if you do I hope it help's.The Retail price will be $75.95 including powder coating & shipping.:thumbsup: Thank's Scott Mock.

radrambler
10-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Scott

That is outstanding! :thumbsup:

Tom

DIGI-TAILS
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
That's cool Mary!!! Thanks for sharing... :)

68protouring454
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
thats nice, but if your going to go that far, you might as well just put a real fire bottle in the car with multiple nozzles, systems start in the low 200's

radrambler
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
thats nice, but if your going to go that far, you might as well just put a real fire bottle in the car with multiple nozzles, systems start in the low 200's

Thats kinda nice to HIJACK a thread about something someone made for another member and say they should do something else ?:_paranoid
I dont get that .
If you like what someone did great !! if you think they should do something different then send them a pm.
Im amazed at how many time is see people do this to threads when all someone is trying to do is show what they did or what they like.

Tom

skatinjay27
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
They just keep on a comin' ... and this one is a two-piece mount for your fire extinguisher. I saw this last July and immediately wanted one for my Camaro. Having had to grab one in a hurry, getting the extinguisher separated from that pesky slide-in bracket can seem like eternity when you're watching a friend's Camaro do it's best to self-immolate.

Mary Pozzii can dig what jake is saying but...^^^^^^

coolwelder62
10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
This system will work if your friend's reg.streetcar is on fire (along the side of the road when you headed to that fun car show) and he does not not have a full blown race car w/ a good fire system.:thumbsup: I wasn't trying to slove all of the world's problem's just 1.Thank's Scott Mock.

68protouring454
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I think its a nice piece and sounds like it works perfect, not a hi jack, just a thought out loud.
sorry scott.

coolwelder62
10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I think its a nice piece and sounds like it works perfect, not a hi jack, just a thought out loud.
sorry scott.No worries Jake.Alot of guys dont want a full fire system in a street car w/interior.I just thought this would be sometime I could do that nobody else was doing.I like working on new product's that nice folks might need.:thumbsup:

70rs
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Mary,Thank's for Posting.I hope you never have to use it.But if you do I hope it help's.The Retail price will be $75.95 including powder coating & shipping.:thumbsup: Thank's Scott Mock.

Scott,
Add one of those to the list with the rear suspension, lower dash and radiator closeout. Nice piece of equipment I would love to have just in case. :thumbsup:

Bowtieracing
06-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Thats kinda nice to HIJACK a thread about something someone made for another member and say they should do something else ?:_paranoid
I dont get that .
If you like what someone did great !! if you think they should do something different then send them a pm.
Im amazed at how many time is see people do this to threads when all someone is trying to do is show what they did or what they like.

Tom

:lostmarbles: Kinda a hijack??? Sounds like more to another option to me.

SuperB70
06-14-2013, 03:35 PM
No worries Jake.Alot of guys dont want a full fire system in a street car w/interior.

Sorry to butt in but not so good argument. If my car ever got fire, I woundnt care about my interior. Just wanted to go down, fast. Street or race car.

The bottle hanger is nice piece if needed. Here in Europe quick release hanger cames with the bottle.

The best place for fire ex. is in the floor a front of drivers seat. It is not at you way at anyway. When you get out, you automaticly grap it with you. I know, been there, done that. In a rallycar.

coolwelder62
06-15-2013, 12:15 PM
We came up with quick release mount so you didn't have to screw with those dumb ass clamps.I dont want the thing right in front of the seat,because when someone else drives my car they have to slide the seat forward because I'm 6'3" tall.Beside's if you don't like the mount don't buy the thing.Mary like's it and I like it.That's all that matter's.I would like to see someone else come up with something better for less money.

Richio1
06-15-2013, 03:50 PM
We came up with quick release mount so you didn't have to screw with those dumb ass clamps.I dont want the thing right in front of the seat,because when someone else drives my car they have to slide the seat forward because I'm 6'3" tall.Beside's if you don't like the mount don't buy the thing.Mary like's it and I like it.That's all that matter's.I would like to see someone else come up with something better for less money.

:thumbsup:

carbuff
06-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Scott, or anyone else that knows...

Can this be mounted horizontally? I would like to have an extinguisher in my car, but I can't envision a good place inside the cab for it, so I may go for the trunk... I'm wondering if it would be effective/safe in a horizontal position?

Thanx!

Roberts68
06-16-2013, 08:12 AM
We mounted extinguishers horizontally in school buses for the decade that I wrenched on those with no Ill effects. Everyone should know extinguishers should be "checked" monthly if nothing more than thumping it with a rubber mallet, shake vigorously, observe the gauge to be dead center. At an absolute minimum do this annually.
Cool product Scott. Thanks for sharing Mary.:thumbsup:

David Pozzi
06-16-2013, 11:26 AM
The simple stainless steel band clamp on a hand held fire extinguisher is not meant for race car mounting,it's meant to hang it on a wall. You will notice the bracket that comes with the extinguisher has a space for a second band clamp. Your local extinguisher service company can supply you with the second band to hold it more securely in case of a roll over or crash. Or ask for a boat bracket.

DBasher
06-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Great product Scott! I struggled with a decent mounting system for my dads Studebaker...which reminds me, I should probably check the charge on that one!

An extinguisher is something everyone should have in any car. It's not a good feeling when it's smokin and flaming up and you can't do anything about it.

Don't be dumb, get Scott's bracket and mount one in your ride!

:action-smiley-027:
Dan