PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Pro Touring Camaro Completed

tucker
09-16-2011, 12:18 AM
I have lurked for a long time, and pulled the trigger on a car early this year. While they are very neat cars, I find myself driving some of the other things around the house.

I have listed the car on Ebay, and wanted the forum that helped me to have some visibility to the car. I am in San Antonio, and welcome anyone to have a look.

Hopefully posting an Ebay link isn't a no no as there are far more pictures posted there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260857971467
Description of the car is below:

It started out as a relatively rust free car, but was completely dis-assembled and every little bit of rust or body damage was repaired. All new or reconditioned parts were used in the build. Detroit Speed & Engineering mini-tubs in back to fit huge 335 series tires. DSE front firewall plate was used to smooth firewall. Body is painted in metallic blue base / clear. Over $15k was spent in body and paint alone.

Suspension up front is Chris Alston Chassisworks complete new subframe with rack / pinion steering, tubular control arms, forged spindles, Wilwood 14" brakes, Air-Ride Technologies Shockwaves. Alston subframe connectors tie the subframes together.

Rear suspension is Air-Ride Technologies 4 link with adjustable shockwaves and Wilwood disks with parking brake.

Air-Ride Technologies compressor system mounted in trunk with large tank and 2 compressors. 4 way adjustable control panel with 3 pre-set ride heights.

Engine is forged 383 Stroker with AFR heads and complete Holley Stealth Ram fuel injection system with programmable Commander 950 computer. Fuel injection has been professionally tuned. No expense was spared in the build of this engine and HP is estimated at around 475hp. Billet front serpentine system includes alternator, PS pump and AC compressor. Tubular mid length headers are ceramic coated. All new dual exhaust system with x-pype crossover.

Transmission is a Mad Dog built 700R4 and can handle over 500hp

Rear end is new powder-coated Moser 12 bolt Posi with 33 spline axles and 3.73 gears.

Wheels are new Fikse forged 3 piece 18" Profil 5S. 8" front 12" rear with Michelin PS2 tires 245/335 tires.

All new front & rear bumpers. New front Grille and bezels. Sequential tail lights. New windshield.

Completely new interior (all carpet, cushions, and headliner)

Vintage Air AC kit

Power windows with switches mounted under the dash.

Custom gauge cluster with all new gauges. New seat belts.

All new Ron Francis electrical wiring front to rear.

Billet shifter and steering wheel. Tilt column.

Detroit speed adjustable delay wiper system.

Nothing has been left untouched and only quality components were used in this build. Hundreds of man hours and almost $100k were spent on the build of this car.
Please email me with any questions.

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY: (Two 1 zero) seven two 5- four 1 three 3.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/tuckerdog/1969%20Camaro/CamaroandGT015.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/tuckerdog/1969%20Camaro/CamaroandGT012.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/tuckerdog/1969%20Camaro/CamaroandGT024.jpg

tucker
09-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Forgot a price:lol: Somewhere around 45K.

hifi875
09-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Sweet ride. Someone is goin to get a deal on this!

Rybar
09-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice car, you should see if Chrismoe is interested in it: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32512

FadedSS
09-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Pm Sent

boonedog
09-16-2011, 05:19 PM
its a steal at that price!

okyankee
09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
i would buy it for $200,000 if you did not type your number like that. haha

dwilson
09-16-2011, 06:13 PM
holly crap! lol, would you trade me my 06 GTO with lots of goodies! ;) its really nice! lot of HP..........PLEASE!! i have a little bit of cash i can put in! im in Fort Worth.....this is killing me! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

tucker
09-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys. There has been quite a bit of interest here pretty quickly. I have debated selling it, so hopefully it goes quickly before I change my mind. I think it is quite a bit of car at this price.

dwilson
09-16-2011, 08:27 PM
YUP!!!!!! it needs to go to me! i can do it this weekend if your interested.:)

tucker
09-16-2011, 08:27 PM
holly crap! lol, would you trade me my 06 GTO with lots of goodies! ;) its really nice! lot of HP..........PLEASE!! i have a little bit of cash i can put in! im in Fort Worth.....this is killing me! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

The GT makes plenty:unibrow: On the phone number, that keeps the "I'll help you sell it through my website" telemarketers at bay.:D
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/tuckerdog/ford%20gt/1236105516.jpg

okyankee
09-16-2011, 10:43 PM
The GT makes plenty:unibrow: On the phone number, that keeps the "I'll help you sell it through my website" telemarketers at bay.:D

nice motor. my friend has a new zr1 and just built a shop on his property. he likes 69 camaros and told him about yours. i am emailing the link to him right after this.

dwilson
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM

touche! but see, i dont have a bad ass car like this and you do....lol, help a man out!

Im dieing here! (IN LOVE)!

tones2SS
09-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Very nice car. Seems like a killer deal. GLWS.
(If only I had my old job and pay rate!:mad:)

tucker
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Very nice car. Seems like a killer deal. GLWS.
(If only I had my old job and pay rate!:mad:)

Thanks. Maybe we'll see some real change in 2012, and we can all get back to the days of old. I think it is a steal at 45, but no takers yet. I can't count the number of 35's-38's that have come through, but low 40's should be where it sells IMO. Time will tell I guess.

tones2SS
09-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks. Maybe we'll see some real change in 2012, and we can all get back to the days of old. I think it is a steal at 45, but no takers yet. I can't count the number of 35's-38's that have come through, but low 40's should be where it sells IMO. Time will tell I guess.

You said it brother. 2012 can't come soon enough.;)
It is a steal at 45k. Don't sell yourself short, especially with that parts list. Like I posted earlier, this car has peaked my interest big time and I'm sure it will sell quick.
Good luck!:thumbsup:

tucker
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Ebay strikes:censored: He was nice enough to immediately email me saying he hit the buy it now button instead of bidding. Car will be back up here in a minute and I will post the new link. Wish me luck:faint:

tucker
09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
New link.:geezer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260857971467

lutzy
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Nice looking car..it will sell!

tucker
09-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Nice looking car..it will sell!

We'll see. It kills me the first auction went south. It was definitely going to have the reserve met. There were 192 watching that auction and less than a hundred watching this one, so who knows what will happen. Good old ebay...

JNS
09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Nice car, ugh it's an auto

tucker
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice car, ugh it's an auto

I don't know what this for sale post would have been without your input.

70rs
09-28-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't know what this for sale post would have been without your input.

:lol: Nice! Great car, good luck with the new auction.

tucker
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
:lol: Nice! Great car, good luck with the new auction.

:lol: Ebay has worn me out. I don't know if I will go another round. There are a few stragglers from the auction that are still making offers. If it doesn't sell, I will probably consign it.

Rybar
09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
It kind of amazes me this car hasn't sold for this price, I would suggest some better photos and manybe some of the suspension and underneath?

tucker
09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
It kind of amazes me this car hasn't sold for this price, I would suggest some better photos and manybe some of the suspension and underneath?

I think the steal it mentality is running rampant these days more than anything. The pictures are pretty bad though. I have a few of the underneath and will probably pull it out over the weekend to take some better pictures, and place a Nobama sticker on the back glass in hopes of deterring people of unsound mind.

intocarss
09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
, and place a Nobama sticker on the back glass in hopes of deterring people of unsound mind.:thumbsup:

lutzy
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Did you just buy? Brad in WA was just selling it a few months ago..
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78533-69-Pro-Touring-Camaro-DSE-Alston-Fikse-Wilwood-Ridetech

4mm
09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?78533-69-Pro-Touring-Camaro-DSE-Alston-Fikse-Wilwood-Ridetech

Sure looks like it.

CAMAROBOY69
09-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Dang for that price (45k) it seems like this car would sell instantly. But from what I have seen, the higher quality build cars like this dont seem to be selling very well the last few years.

tucker
09-29-2011, 07:46 PM

Sure did. I think he had a yellow car he had found while he was building this one. I didn't like the fast and furious interior of the car, so we changed that before it got down to Texas.

tucker
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Sure looks like it.

Thanks for the link over there. Not a member. Appreciate the post.

Simmo
10-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Followed your car on eBay, shame it didnt run through 1st time...shocked it hasnt sold at that price. I'm sure you've heard all the 'I would by it if only I hadnt....' already so I'll save you another! Heaps of stuffs heading down to Oz at the moment so maybe worth a go marketing it down there? Just a thought, good luck with the sale.

tucker
10-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Followed your car on eBay, shame it didnt run through 1st time...shocked it hasnt sold at that price. I'm sure you've heard all the 'I would by it if only I hadnt....' already so I'll save you another! Heaps of stuffs heading down to Oz at the moment so maybe worth a go marketing it down there? Just a thought, good luck with the sale.

Thanks. The first go was disappointing. It was selling, had met reserve, and then bammo, buy it now and he didn't come through.

I am in no huge hurry. I think it is a bargain, but would negotiate for the right person. I did take more pictures as well and will post those tonight. They aren't much better than the first batch though.

I noticed I misrepresented the mileage.:lol: Instead of 30 miles, the car has 13 miles. It actually had 9 on it Sunday, but my little boy wanted to put around the subdivision a few times, so it now has 13.:thumbsup: I obviously have no seat time in the car, but it does seem to ride and handle pretty well.

clill
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
If you list a car on Ebay with a "buy it now" make sure you set it up so there is a required 500.00 deposit before Ebay accepts the bid. That keeps the scammers and idiots from ruining your auction.

6D9 Matt
10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah... good tip from Clill. Definitely keep the scammers away. Good luck... if I wouldnt have bought my Camaro back in July, Id be all over this. GLWS

tucker
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
If you list a car on Ebay with a "buy it now" make sure you set it up so there is a required 500.00 deposit before Ebay accepts the bid. That keeps the scammers and idiots from ruining your auction.

Thanks for the tip. I will put that to good use on the next go around.

coolwelder62
10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Tucker,Rise your price about 8K.And I bet you will get one of those low baller's to step forward.Good luck.:thumbsup:

tucker
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Tucker,Rise your price about 8K.And I bet you will get one of those low baller's to step forward.Good luck.:thumbsup:

I could list it at $50K, and then offer a surprise refund of $5K for not being a douche-bag. :cheers:

Nick.V70
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Nice car, good luck on the sale.:thumbsup:

tucker
10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks Nick. Sorry I will not be able to make SEMA.

I re-listed tonight for the last time. Reserve is stupidly low. Another car is coming, and I need the garage space. First call with cash gets it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260869074937

StoleIt
10-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Care to offer a hint on what a stupid low reserve is?

I am sitting on a bunch of cash (sold the Z06 w00t w00t) just not sure if we are near the same price.

tucker
10-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Care to offer a hint on what a stupid low reserve is?

I am sitting on a bunch of cash (sold the Z06 w00t w00t) just not sure if we are near the same price.

It is stupidly low:unibrow: I am not sure what your price is, so I don't know if we are or not. I can't see it not selling before the auction ends, but I have been wrong before.

Spiffav8
10-11-2011, 02:30 AM
It is stupidly low:unibrow: I am not sure what your price is, so I don't know if we are or not. I can't see it not selling before the auction ends, but I have been wrong before.

Tucker..the stupidly low price is a steal. Worth every penny. Kind of bummed that the timing is off or it would be in my garage right now.

StoleIt...reach out and make an offer. You'll live up to your screen name. :thumbsup:

skatinjay27
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Tucker..the stupidly low price is a steal. Worth every penny. Kind of bummed that the timing is off or it would be in my garage right now.

StoleIt...reach out and make an offer. You'll live up to your screen name. :thumbsup:yeah that would be a perfect car for you! ;)

tucker
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Guys, I appreciate all of the support. I just took a deposit and ended the listing. The car looks to be heading to Oklahoma.

Stuart Adams
10-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Congrats. Another one sold. Good to hear.

tucker
10-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Congrats. Another one sold. Good to hear.

Thanks Stuart. This site did sell the car for the record. Ebay offered nothing but headache, and the real interest was strictly from the post here.:thumbsup:

cencalc6
10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks Stuart. This site did sell the car for the record. Ebay offered nothing but headache, and the real interest was strictly from the post here.:thumbsup:

I agree!!! I will never sell a car on Ebay again....Congrats on your Sale :cheers:

Ron in SoCal
10-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Congrats Tucker! Now post up the new project....:thumbsup:

Track Junky
10-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats on the sale!! I'm sure you let it go for less than what it was worth but the market is tough today.

tucker
10-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Congrats Tucker! Now post up the new project....:thumbsup:

A little twin turbo Cummins early Bronco and a Bumble Bee stroker. Both will be slow.:unibrow:

tones2SS
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the sale. Can't wait to see the new project!

Rybar
10-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah congrats, I'd like to know what member stole this thing. :thumbsup:

tucker
10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah congrats, I'd like to know what member stole this thing. :thumbsup:

His name is Matt. He got another grand off for being an OSU grad and a Republican.:cheers:

matt44golf
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello Everyone
Im the lucky guy who got this car. With any luck the Russian mobsters that are driving the truck will deliver it tomorrow. Brady Thanks again.

tucker
10-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Hello Everyone
Im the lucky guy who got this car. With any luck the Russian mobsters that are driving the truck will deliver it tomorrow. Brady Thanks again.

Very welcome. I hope you like the car. Be careful of the mad Russians. The little one doesn't talk.:lol: Grab some boards too, and make sure there is air in the bags. The ramps on that trailer are far too short and steep.

Musclerodz
01-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Look what showed up in our shop today! Matt has decided to take this car to the next level. Look for a thread in the parts for sale section shortly.

Autokraft
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
So whats the plan Mike? It already looks very nice:thumbsup:

Musclerodz
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
So whats the plan Mike? It already looks very nice:thumbsup:looks are very decieving in a pic for this car, it is a disaster waiting to happen. will do a build thread once parts start rolling in. What is set in stone right now is a E-ROD LS3 and six speed. Other items still being discussed but don't freak out if you see everything for sale but the shell, wheels, and brakes.

okyankee
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
looks are very decieving in a pic for this car, it is a disaster waiting to happen. will do a build thread once parts start rolling in. What is set in stone right now is a E-ROD LS3 and six speed. Other items still being discussed but don't freak out if you see everything for sale but the shell, wheels, and brakes.

was this the one for sale on craiglist? out of moore i think.

Musclerodz
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
was this the one for sale on craiglist? out of moore i think.it may have been did not see it listed there. I know it was ebay multiple times, on here at least once, originally listed on PT.com last march I think by 2 owners prior?

okyankee
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
it may have been did not see it listed there. I know it was ebay multiple times, on here at least once, originally listed on PT.com last march I think by 2 owners prior?

cool. well hopefully it has found its last owner for awhile. my friends 69 got loaded today in pa. 900hp. i dont think i will drive it. haha. i need to sell my chevelle project so i can buy something done or new. like a zl1. keep us updated on this build.

okyankee
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
same?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/2773164530.html

matt44golf
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
same?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/2773164530.html

This is the same car. I was going to sell it for a loss because of the work it required, and I was pretty disappointed in the workmanship. When i bought it I thought it would be ready to go, and i was wrong. Somebody(not Tucker) spent a lot of money on parts, but didnt take the time to install. I really did not have the time to give it the attention it needs.
Luckily I found mike on this forum, and we decided
that we are going to give this car the attention it needs.:D

matt44golf
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
This is the same car. I was going to sell it for a loss because of the work it required, and I was pretty disappointed in the workmanship. When i bought it I thought it would be ready to go, and i was wrong. Somebody(not Tucker) spent a lot of money on parts, but didnt take the time to install. I really did not have the time to give it the attention it needs.
Luckily I found mike on this forum, and we decided
that we are going to give this car the attention it needs.:D

FYI - just to be clear Tucker was great to deal with and despite the issues
This car was still a great deal.

okyankee
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
good news. i cant wait to see the redo. changing colors?

Musclerodz
01-09-2012, 10:34 PM
good news. i cant wait to see the redo. changing colors?color staying. and for the record, not sure who actually built the car, but it is now in good hands and will document the car as we progress. Car is a solid starting point and will make an killer machine when complete.