Computer Stock
Coated Headers 2.5" Collectors
Exhaust Dual X pipe 2.5"
Aeromotive Fuel Pump kit
Cam Shaft:??
Distributor:??
Water Pump:??
Any other changes or additions?

I am wanting a very mild engine. 350 HP is what I hope for. I don't know whether that is possible with the direction I am going? I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and suggestions in order to reach my goals. I am not a engine guy.
Here is my list of importance:
-Reliability**
-Power (350 HP)
-Fuel Economy (15-22 MPG)
-Cost

ohcbird
02-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Are you stuck on the TBI? If so, then get the injectors from a 454. The 305/350 units will be borderline at 350hp.

Computer- Stock? Try a reflash once you get your combo details sorted out. You might consider a Megasquirt install if $$ permits.

? about your heads- try to find some late model Vortechs off of a truck (or even new- they're cheap). VAST improvement. These will be instrumental in getting to 350hp much quicker.

Cam? Find a Comp HE268 or 272. Your stock converter will love it. The TBI would run out of gas at high Rs anyway, so cam it for a useable 1500-5500 rpm range.

Dizzy? DUI or one of the many HEIs; it will work with your TBI without any signal adapters.

waterpump- get a good Edelbrock alum. They are very nice &fit very well.

Damn True
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
second on the vortech heads....though....I'm not certain they will bolt up to your intake....maybe someone can confirm

combine the vortechs with a ZZ4 hot cam and you should easilly have 350hp and a sweet running little motor.

almcbri
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
So a updated TBI wouldn't be a good route? I was told that is would work well, but you know how that goes sometimes. I am even having thoughts of dishing the 350 and going with a 03' Vortec 323 engine that is complete and ready to go. I hear you can swap heads with the LS1 and do quite a lot of upgrades to the engine since it is the little brother of the LS1. Is this true?

I am starting to think once I add pulleys and brackets, all the misc. parts-starter, waterpump, valve covers, distributor etc. I am going to easily be way over what I had planned to spend. I found a low mileage out of an 03' w/ 40K for 750.00, and that is complete. I probably would buy a new harness instead of dealing with the cut up one. I am really unsure what I should do!!:willy:

LIST:
Vortec Heads
Aluminum Intake Manifold that works with Vortec Heads as well as TBI
Updated TBI or another source.
carb set-up this would allow more air flow
Megasquirt wiring harness and computer
ZZ4 Hot cam
Edelbrock aluminum water pump
HEI distributor
SP wires
Altenator
Pulleys and brackets