PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my TA

WSSix
07-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Yep, I'm thinking of selling the car. I honestly have no idea when I'll ever be able to work on it or bring it out west. It's back in Georgia still just sitting. I hate that it is sitting. I really really hate that it is sitting. I honestly can't even believe I am contemplating selling it but sometimes you have to face reality. I have no clue what it's worth. I have a feeling the parts are worth more than the car though. Well more than the body anyway. So those that have a better feel for the market or if you're interested in the car, what's it worth in your opinion or what would you pay for it?

All the info and nitty gritty is in my build thread in my signature. Feel free to ask questions if you need to. Also, if you're a fan of LT1 motors, I have another complete LT1 as well as a pair of LT1 heads that I could let go with the car possibly. The motor has a spun bearing and came out of a 97 TA. Heads are off a 94 vette

Thanks

70rs
07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
What's stopping you from going to get it and drag it home?

Anyone you can borrow a truck from, and rent a tow dolly? That would be the cheapest way to do it I think?

WSSix
08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
I have no place to put it once I do get it here nor any place to work on it really. It should only need an alignment to be able to go down the road but then where would I park it?

70rs
08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I have no place to put it once I do get it here nor any place to work on it really. It should only need an alignment to be able to go down the road but then where would I park it?

I can relate, I am fighting space issues for working on mine too. But I am fortunate in that my dads shop is going to work out this time.

I hate to see you sell it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right?
Good luck with the sale.

WSSix
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Those are my feelings as well. It can stay where it is and if it's not really worth anything in it's current state, then I'll keep it. I don't think it's worth a lot but I'm not going to give it away either. Money is not the issue. It's all about the fact that it's just sitting and I have no idea when I'll ever been able to do anything with it again.

Thanks Eric