PDA

View Full Version : 6 piston calipers to suit CPP 13 inch rotor

Ivan Vella
07-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know of a 6 piston Caliper other than Wilwood that would suit the CPP 13" x 28mm rotor?

I really like the Wilwood calipers but in Australia it is extremely hard and expensive to get a vehicle insured or registered for public road use with them.

I have no problems making a custom caliper brackets or using calipers off another car and getting the reconditioned providing they are the right size/performance and look the part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan

groovyjay
07-15-2011, 12:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-10-Corvette-C6-Z06-Brake-Calipers-Front-Rear-NEW-GM-/280675738716?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415993e45c

Would those work?

Ivan Vella
07-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Are they the same ones that Kore 3 sells?
If they are they are designed for a 14 inch rotor so the braking surface won't line up with the caliper properly, also my rotors are 2mm thinner than what they are designed for so when the pads wears down to it's limit it is possible that the pistons could push out too far or run out of travel.
It sucks because I do like those calipers and they are legal in Australia because PBR make them which is an Australian company. (although it is still cheaper to buy them from America).

Apogee
07-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Why design your brakes around a proprietary (non-OE based) rotor like the one offered by CPP? If you're putting together a kit, it would seem like using an OE based rotor, no matter how obscure, would at least give you more options in the future should things change. The 1988-1996 C4 HD 13" x 1.1" [330 x 28mm] rotor might be a better alternative, although without knowing what you're trying to accomplish, it's a little tough to say.

Is a C5/C6 2-piston kit out of the question? What is driving the need/want for 6-piston calipers? Why a 13" rotor instead of 14"? What are your current (and future if applicable) wheel limitations?

Tobin
KORE3