PDA

View Full Version : what sheetmetal tool u use most pullmax

kovert
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
im a beginer in the sheetmetal forming area im starting to get alot more custom requests and i am about to start investing in some tools for sheetmetal what is the most used of valued tool for sheetmetal work??

pullmax,englishwheel,shrinker stretcher,break, roller, press,???? what do u use most

i have alot of the basics of course hammers dolleys i have a body shop so any body tools i have

CRCRFT78
06-20-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure how many responses you'll get here. Try www.metalmeet.com or www.allmetalshaping.com. They have a bunch of guys that can help answer your question.

kovert
06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure how many responses you'll get here. Try www.metalmeet.com or www.allmetalshaping.com. They have a bunch of guys that can help answer your question.

thanks!!!:thumbsup:

pacificustoms
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
im a beginer in the sheetmetal forming area im starting to get alot more custom requests and i am about to start investing in some tools for sheetmetal what is the most used of valued tool for sheetmetal work??

pullmax,englishwheel,shrinker stretcher,break, roller, press,???? what do u use most

i have alot of the basics of course hammers dolleys i have a body shop so any body tools i have

I've got all of the ones mentioned and use them all. It really depends on what type of things you will be making and what type of sheetmetal you will be building. If you're looking to push the envelope and wow everyone, you'll need to find a nice pullmax. If you're looking for a tool you'll use very often if not daily I'd look into the shrinker/stretcher and a break. It would also depend on your shop space that you have and of course your budget. I'd recommend finding a nice US made box and pan brake that will do 4 feet long material, then I'd look at a deep throat shrinker/stretcher. There's some nice brands out there, but for the bang for your buck a Baleigh one is great!

I know quite a few people who have taken Lazze Sheet Metal courses, he also sales the tools he teaches on. He can do amazing things with a bead roller, english wheel and shrinker/stretcher. Those are pretty much the only tools he uses and he's figured them out to do anything he can imagine.