PDA

View Full Version : Truck Arm Setup

6oneimpala
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Has anyone had any experience with truck arm rear suspension from Hot rods to hell, I would like to put this setup in my 63 nova. Does it provide good handling, traction, and ride like they claim. I would also like to put shockwaves in place of coilovers. Any opinions would be greatly appriciated.

TravisB
01-27-2006, 09:18 AM
truck arms have been discussed here before...try a quick search! Got any pics of that 63'

I have thought about the same thing truck arms w/airbags...they only downfall to truck arms is you are installing a system that has limited adjustablity!

race-rodz
01-27-2006, 02:15 PM
i have run truck arms on several projects. overall on a daily driver type vehicle, i think they are great, imo, all the claims that HTH makes are pretty much on the money.

the dowfall to the set-up is the amount of room needed, the limited adjustments as travis stated.

TravisB
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
i have run truck arms on several projects. overall on a daily driver type vehicle, i think they are great, imo, all the claims that HTH makes are pretty much on the money.

the dowfall to the set-up is the amount of room needed, the limited adjustments as travis stated.

So you have used them....cool. We may talk some more about this one day on a future project!

race-rodz
01-29-2006, 02:00 AM
i have had several 64-66 trucks, i have run them with bags, coil overs, springs with wieght jacks. long, low mounted panhard (low roll center) makes for a really "good" budget set-up.

i have also used them on a few street rods, just for doin somethin different, the system rides nice, even in a short wheel base vehicle.

i havent ever actually run a truck arm set-up through a suspension program, obviously the pinion angle is fixxed, so it could be an issue if you have lots of travel, and i have no idea how the roll steer/i.c./anti-squat etc comes out on paper, BUT, according to the ass-o-meter, i am very comfortable with the system as far as learning to drive it, very predictable, very responsive. it obviously works well in the comp drift camaro..... and the nascar guys been useing it for years.

plus it is a very simple and cheap set up to fab from scratch.

race-rodz
01-29-2006, 02:06 AM
truck arms with bags

wiedemab
02-08-2006, 11:30 AM
I'll 2nd the request for pics!

I just love Chevy II's. My dad has always had 66-67, but I also reall like the early body cars.

TravisB
02-08-2006, 11:39 AM
truck arms with bags

sits good!