PDA

View Full Version : June 11 Feature: Matt Alcala's 69 Camaro

XcYZ
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
The June '11 Feature of the Month is Matt Alcala's 69 Camaro. Many of us got to check it out at SEMA last year, we got to see first hand how great the car is. Matt's car won the GM Design Best Sports Car Design Award at SEMA - it doesn't get much better than that. I'm a big fan and I'm glad we were finally able to make it a FotM.

www.Lateral-g.net/members/alcala

http://www.lateral-g.net/ALCALA_LEAD.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/members/alcala)

NovaBlue71
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Congrats Matt on the feature of the month, without a doubt you had a up and down past year with your car but thats all in the past. Beautiful car :thumbsup: . Joe

Rybar
06-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Congrats Matt on the feature. Killer '69 and well done with all the changes :thumbsup:

Flash68
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
A truly badass purple monster with a great story behind it. Congrats on more "ink" Matt! Well deserved... :thumbsup:

tones2SS
06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats Matt. That is a great car. :thumbsup: :cheers:

coolwelder62
06-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Congrats Matt. That is a great car. :thumbsup: :cheers:X2:thumbsup: Good job Matt.:thumbsup:

Ron in SoCal
06-01-2011, 08:51 PM
About time Scott! :lol: Congrats Matt...:thumbsup:

Matt@BOS
06-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys. I have to say, I never imagined that any online forum would house such a tight knit group of people. It is pretty unique being able to say that you know a majority of the people behind the screen names here, which is very cool indeed.

Building a car at a shop that has been kind enough to trust me and let me do whatever I want (hell, they picked purple over the gray I'd suggested) has been great, but getting out to events and meeting the community has been just as much, if not more fun. My dad, Steve, never reads up about any of this on the internet, however he has really enjoyed the whole process as well.

I've said it before, but the car wouldn't exist had I never stumbled upon Lateral-G some years ago. It has, without a doubt, been the most expensive outcome of stumbling across a web page one random day. And it isn't over, either. I've got some new Anvil parts to show off, but I'll save that for another story.

Matt

phillym5
06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Congrats Matt, Dick, and Jon of Best of Show. You guys built one hell of a car!!... Well deserved. :captain:

skatinjay27
06-03-2011, 11:32 PM
yup, congrats !!!

perfect example of a luxury style 69!

Matt@BOS
06-06-2011, 12:58 AM
yup, congrats !!!

perfect example of a luxury style 69!

Thanks! Haha, it is luxurious, just as long as you are half deaf. I couldn't believe how much quieter Josh's monster DC car is cruising down the highway. I will say though the ride is really comfortable, kind of like a modern day sport sedan. The DSE crew did a phenomenal job engineering a product that is... well, more comfortable than my daily driver.

Matt

67zo6Camaro
06-06-2011, 01:10 AM
www.Lateral-g.net/members/alcala

Matt, I just have to mention, your car is one of my wife and I most favorite. For the record, Nice work!

http://www.lateral-g.net/ALCALA_LEAD.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/members/alcala)[/QUOTE]

Vegas69
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
It's very well done and he DRIVES it hard! What more needs to be said?

Bryan O
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Congrats Matt! You deserve it. :thumbsup:

Your awesome car is a source of inspiration to both Trevor and me. We really appreciate your advice around the shop, too. :yes:

JustinB
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Congrats Matt!! I don't know what we would do with out our local bootlegger!! :cheers:

skatinjay27
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks! Haha, it is luxurious, just as long as you are half deaf. I couldn't believe how much quieter Josh's monster DC car is cruising down the highway. I will say though the ride is really comfortable, kind of like a modern day sport sedan. The DSE crew did a phenomenal job engineering a product that is... well, more comfortable than my daily driver.

Mattyeah i got a chance to ride in josh's car when it here... i got a really good comparison though.. i went from riding it todds hot rod car for a few miles then getting in josh's quiet car! :unibrow:

Matt@BOS
06-07-2011, 08:06 PM
yeah i got a chance to ride in josh's car when it here... i got a really good comparison though.. i went from riding it todds hot rod car for a few miles then getting in josh's quiet car! :unibrow:

No doubt! Todd's engine pretty much emasculates any LS engine, based on sound at least.

Matt@BOS
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Congrats Matt!! I don't know what we would do with out our local bootlegger!! :cheers:

... Speaking of which, how are your new wheels coming along? I think a beer is in order when they get here!

Matt

JustinB
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM
... Speaking of which, how are your new wheels coming along? I think a beer is in order when they get here!

Matt

I should have my set here next week!

scottysimp7
06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Beautiful car. Great pics! The dream never stops:thumbsup:

tazzz2_ca
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Great car with a fabulous owner,,,, congrats Matt

waynieZ
06-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Congrtatulation's Matt beautiful car. I got to see it in Jan 2010 before the redo . It was awesome then.

Bryce
06-12-2011, 11:15 AM
congrats Matt!

70rs
06-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys. I have to say, I never imagined that any online forum would house such a tight knit group of people. It is pretty unique being able to say that you know a majority of the people behind the screen names here, which is very cool indeed.

Building a car at a shop that has been kind enough to trust me and let me do whatever I want (hell, they picked purple over the gray I'd suggested) has been great, but getting out to events and meeting the community has been just as much, if not more fun. My dad, Steve, never reads up about any of this on the internet, however he has really enjoyed the whole process as well.

I've said it before, but the car wouldn't exist had I never stumbled upon Lateral-G some years ago. It has, without a doubt, been the most expensive outcome of stumbling across a web page one random day. And it isn't over, either. I've got some new Anvil parts to show off, but I'll save that for another story.

Matt

I have to say, I like the back story as much as I like the car.
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Ron in SoCal
06-12-2011, 07:51 PM
...And it isn't over, either. I've got some new Anvil parts to show off, but I'll save that for another story.

Matt

Ok Matt, time to get busy typing....:yes:

Gandalf
06-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I just now caught this thread - Congrats Matt! Well deserved indeed and look forward to running with you guys soon.

Cheers! :cheers:
G.

Matt@BOS
06-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I just now caught this thread - Congrats Matt! Well deserved indeed and look forward to running with you guys soon.

Cheers! :cheers:
G.

Thanks Gregg! All of your help (and Thanks goes out to Steve Rupp as well) lending parts and giving a hand to get the car done both years is much appreciated.

When you're just about on the road I owe you some time shining up some tires!

Ok Matt, time to get busy typing....:yes:

Ron, I need to run it past Matt first before I go posting up pictures of the new stuff. I will warn you though, if you see the pictures, it might just cost you a bit more money.

Matt

Ron in SoCal
06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
^ yeah, better skip it for now...:rolleyes:

Gordz32
06-16-2011, 06:09 PM
^ yeah, better skip it for now...:rolleyes:

(Matt - from the computer at BOS)

Here's a teaser Ron. Now go stimulate the economy. If you don't buy one from Anvil in 48 hours, I will threaten you with full photos of the new rear bumper and notched rear spoiler.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/69MSA/shop065.jpg

redfire69
06-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Matt, one of favs, congrats again! I too am hoarding the new rear bumper and notched spoiler. We need more pics!! :thumbsup:

Ron in SoCal
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Matt who? :)

Musclerodz
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
(Matt - from the computer at BOS)

Here's a teaser Ron. Now go stimulate the economy. If you don't buy one from Anvil in 48 hours, I will threaten you with full photos of the new rear bumper and notched rear spoiler.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/69MSA/shop065.jpg
congrats Matt. That is not funny you only showing a corner of our new spoiler. I need a full shot for my website. I have seen the new Anvil ad and it shows off the new parts very well. Hope you like