PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Autorama/Pro-Touring Dinner.

trapin
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
This has been posted over at PT.com but I wanted everyone over here to see it in case anyone was interested.

1st Annual Pro-Touring/Autorama Dinner

Time:
5pm - whenever

400 Monroe St.
Intl. Center Building
Detroit, MI 48226
(313)965-4600
http://www.fishbonesusa.com/ (http://www.fishbonesusa.com)

The Plan:
Everyone get down to Greektown a few hours before the dinner on Saturday and park. Ride the People Mover over to Cobo and take in the show (show takes about 4 hours to get through). Then jump back on the People Mover back to Greektown and meet up at Fishbones at 5pm. I will reserve a table once I have a headcount (probably late February).

If your are absolutely, definitely, FOR SURE, commited to doing the dinner...please sign up here. (http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=28&day=2006-3-4&c=1)

Thanks. Hope to see some of you there. :captain:

Roger Poirier
02-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Let go guys, not one taker? Trapin and I will be all by ourselves.... :_paranoid

trapin
02-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Roger....we actually got about 14 coming. I'm not sure how many Michigan members Lateral-G has, but I thought I'd post it in here anyway just in case.

Sales@Dutchboys
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Im going!!!

Bill Howell
02-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey, food is involved, I am so there.....lol

TEDDYS CAMARO
02-28-2006, 08:55 AM
I Will Be There Too!

YoungGun69SS
03-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm there

Bill Howell
03-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Just arrived guys, anyone that wants to get in touch, 865.850.8228

bri2203
03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I just got back from the show. I am sure you all will have a great time.

Sales@Dutchboys
03-04-2006, 10:21 AM
I wish i could be there!
But talked to the interior guy and we have to have the car to him by the first week in may. And at this point weekends are so valuable right now.
Car is almost buffed and then we'll be on to painting the firewall etc....
and hanging brakes
SO MUCH TO DO!!! :unibrow:

( :D PS Hope someone post some pics)

trapin
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Thank you to Scott for allowing this to be stuck up here for the past month. We had about 4 "no shows" and 15 attendees. Not bad. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, it seemed like they did. I'd like to thank everyone who came out, it was a pleasure meeting you all. And a special thank you to Bill Howell for hangin out with us while we walked around the show. It was fun seeing the show with him. We'll see you Tennessee in September. :thumbsup:

I got a special bonus at the end of the night....as my cousin and I were walkin' out the main lobby at Fishbones, in walked a guy I've been wanting to meet for several years now; Chip Foose. I walked up and said hello and shook hands before chatting with him for a couple of minutes. A super nice guy. I was surprised that he asked for my name, that shows how personable he is. I was impressed with him. If you're ever at a car show or SEMA or wherever and you bump into him, do not hesitate to say hello, he's a great guy.

Roger Poirier
03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Thank you to Scott for allowing this to be stuck up here for the past month. We had about 4 "no shows" and 15 attendees. Not bad.

Sorry, I was one of the no shows. I'm a diabetic and bottomed out aprox. 4:30 that afternoon on sat. while still at the show. Meaning I was very close to going into insulin shock. By the time my family ran and got me a pop and candy bar I didn't recover until aprox. 6:00 p.m. When this happens it takes all your strength away. With that, the show, the work on the car leading up to the event simply exhausted me. I didn't have the energy to show up even late.

R.P.