PDA

View Full Version : LT1 PCM - anyone locate it under passenger seat?

Derek69SS
01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm about to order my LT1/4L60 harness from Speartech, and need to figure out the location where I'll mount my PCM, and how much wire I'll need to get it there. Under the passenger seat seems like a good place for it to me... any reasons why not?

I'm also considering under the dash on the passenger side, if I have room with the factory A/C.

Autokraft
01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Derek, Get the dimensions of the PCM and make sure it will fit under the seat first. The next thing is trying to hide that wiring under the carpet, kinda bulky so that might be something to consider.

Kurt

Derek69SS
01-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Well, I know it will fit under my current bench-seat, but I don't know if it will fit under the Procar Ralley Seats I plan to get in the future.

I was thinking for routing it under the carpet, I could split it into 4 small bundles to run side-by-side, instead of one big round bundle... maybe run it under the console if I can get past the shifter once I get the new seats.

rocketman
01-28-2006, 03:32 PM
under the dash sounds better,if something where to ever slip under the seat the pcm would be shot.i have seen guys bolt to the glove door.or the storage bin in the console.

907rs
01-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Or, if space is limited under the dash, on a hinged panel under the package tray in the trunk...... ala Twister.

http://www.detroitspeed.com/Images/FusePanel.jpg

Tim Baillie
01-28-2006, 11:27 PM
There should be good room abouve the glove box...............I wouldn't do it under the seat, any type of moisture or anything will be bad.................

When we wire clients cars for ECMs we get them as high up and yet accessible if something ever has to be changed..............not to mention sometimes the added length in wire can wreck havoc with them..................Japanese car computers are bad for that...............

Derek69SS
01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
I haven't looked ABOVE the glove box, but I know there's no space behind it. The factory AC makes the whole under-dash area look pretty crowded, but I want to get it out from under the hood to clean it up some. (looks bad enough with factory AC taking up the whole passenger side of the firewall :( )