PDA

View Full Version : Help with Logo creation (ideas/photo shop)

69MyWay
01-23-2006, 07:17 AM
I am working on ideas for a logo to go with the formation of a Christian Car Club. I am thinking about a side shot of a piston with the rod and a angel halo off to one side on the top of the piston and or a single or pair of angel wings on each side.

The church name is Ridge Point and it can also go under R.P.M. (Ridge Point Ministries).

It would be cool to put Ridge Point Ministries around the piston body where the rings would go.

If the logo was such that you had the halo, piston ring, and connecting rod ring, it could symbolize Father/Son/Holy Spirt.

I also like the images that are black and white where the image is created by the shadow or contrast of only two colors. I can't think of an example right now, but it is a really cool way of making an image. That would be awesome, but I am not creative enough to pull it off.

It has to be simple enough to make into a window sticker or t-shirt logo, but detailed enough to be obvious what it is, yet vague enough that somebody might ask what it means.

Any creative guys out there with ideas?

AAW
01-23-2006, 08:02 AM
I can't help with the logo, but I thought of another idea.
You could be called "Holy Rollers"...

69MyWay
01-23-2006, 08:17 AM
I can't help with the logo, but I thought of another idea.
You could be called "Holy Rollers"...

I like it.

ottatyme
01-23-2006, 12:23 PM
It's quick, but maybe a start to help you on your way....

69MyWay
01-23-2006, 12:35 PM

:thumbsup:

Wow! That is exactly the idea. I am going to bounce it off the guys tonight!

ottatyme
01-23-2006, 01:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Wow! That is exactly the idea. I am going to bounce it off the guys tonight!

Thanks! Let me know how it goes over, or if you need more help!

69MyWay
01-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks! Let me know how it goes over, or if you need more help!

The guys like it. We are talking about naming the club something like:

Godspeed

Turns out there are a number of guys at church with hot rods. The local cruise scene is pretty strong around this area. It would give a good outlet to focus some energy on doing something as a group that is good for the local area (community projects, etc).

Much work to be done as it is all on the drawing board now.

Kendall Burleson
01-28-2006, 10:57 PM
that a cool ideal I like it . :thumbsup:

almcbri
01-29-2006, 10:25 AM
that is awesome idea! I like that logo as well!

ottatyme
02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
The guys like it. We are talking about naming the club something like:

Godspeed

Turns out there are a number of guys at church with hot rods. The local cruise scene is pretty strong around this area. It would give a good outlet to focus some energy on doing something as a group that is good for the local area (community projects, etc).

Much work to be done as it is all on the drawing board now.
Glad to hear it went over! When you're ready, shoot me an email/whatever, and I'll get you the original artwork!

69MyWay
02-03-2006, 04:17 AM
Glad to hear it went over! When you're ready, shoot me an email/whatever, and I'll get you the original artwork!

Thank you!

Diognes56
02-07-2006, 05:14 AM
Nice work :thumbsup: .

David

69MyWay
01-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Okay guys...going to revive an old thread here.

Since all this, we joined a church that has a hot rod car group. It is currently called Wheels of Faith.

I'd like to submit some new logo ideas much like this idea here - but somehow integrating a cross - and instead of a hallow (sp?) - a crown of thorns.

Any takers on mixing it up? Possible using four pistons and rods to form a cross - wing(s) optional.

Kris Horton
01-07-2008, 11:18 AM
A guy I work with does AMAZING logos. His work is really clean and he can do just about anything. Very easy to work with too. If you don't already have someone to do this, PM me and I'll pass his info on to you. :)

DriverzInc
01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
We're happy to work with you. Give us a call, and ask for Jason!

You can see a litte more about us here:

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12208

69MyWay
08-10-2008, 07:55 AM

Okay...how about this.

Can we take this image - change the wings to a bit more angel looking and them make them checkered like a cross between wings and a checkered flag...then, instead of ridge point - put Victory Lane along these line:

http://wheelsoffaith.freeforums.org/files/wheelsoffaith/logos/logo_phpBB.gif

And...if you can do that...can we have permission to use it along with our ministry as well as tied to www.projectr517.com ????