PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood parking brake setup

wmhjr
04-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Wilwood parking brake setup
Guys, for those of you who have installed the Wilwood parking brake kit on your Wilwood rear discs....

If you installed it in a non-standard setup or for any other reason needed to cut the sleeve length, did you find there are any issues to consider other than just using a tubing cutter or whatever to carefully trim it? I'm in the midst of installing mine (finally) and just wanted to check if these things disintegrate or anything when you trim them.

Thanks!

GregWeld
04-17-2011, 11:03 AM
It cuts fine with a cut off wheel.... just yard the cable out first... if you can't do that just be real careful. You only have to cut one coil.... if it's like the ones I've done it's a wire wound sleave covered in vinyl. Remove the covering so you can see the wire and just buzz thru it.

wmhjr
04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks Greg. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask any more experienced gurus first. I will have the cable out. I'm going to run the sleeves and mount them prior to feeding the cable through.

GregWeld
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks Greg. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask any more experienced gurus first. I will have the cable out. I'm going to run the sleeves and mount them prior to feeding the cable through.

Welcome buddy!