PDA

View Full Version : Brake question

randy
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Ok so ive search but apparently not well enough. Please dont yell at me, lol

Im getting a dse 4 link with their optional 9" ford rear end with C clip eliminators. Now ive been blowing thru money as most of us do when customizing our car. Now im not trying to blow $2000 on a brake setup right now. I do want disc brakes though. I already have front disc brakes. NOw my question is what is a great rear disc brake conversion with working E brake relatively cheap for my rear end setup? I will be running 18" rims too

Car is a 67 camaro

Musclerodz
04-13-2011, 06:17 PM
what brakes do you have on front, and $2k for rears sounds like baer 6p's or Wilwoods. If you got Bear you could drop down to their SS4 for about half that, but 6 months down the road, you will be wishing you spent the extra $1k now rather than $2k more later to swap

Mikael A
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM
but 6 months down the road, you will be wishing you spent the extra $1k now rather than $2k more later to swap

Thats how I get my good deals around here:lol: :lol: :lol:

randy
04-14-2011, 06:56 PM
The fronts look like the stockers. IDK 2k seems like alot for a nice quick daily driver. I dont plan on autocrossing the car or anything. Im just trying to gain some sort of budget that got thrown out last month lol

Mikael A
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
The fronts look like the stockers. IDK 2k seems like alot for a nice quick daily driver. I dont plan on autocrossing the car or anything. Im just trying to gain some sort of budget that got thrown out last month lol

CPP has a rear set up for $600, so long you have 12/10 bolt ends on that 9"

Apogee
04-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok so ive search but apparently not well enough. Please dont yell at me, lol

Im getting a dse 4 link with their optional 9" ford rear end with C clip eliminators. Now ive been blowing thru money as most of us do when customizing our car. Now im not trying to blow $2000 on a brake setup right now. I do want disc brakes though. I already have front disc brakes. NOw my question is what is a great rear disc brake conversion with working E brake relatively cheap for my rear end setup? I will be running 18" rims too

Car is a 67 camaro

Odds are that you have the Ford big-bearing "Torino" housing ends with the 2.00 x 3.56 rectangular pattern and 2.50" brake/axle offset dimension. If that's the case, you can get the rear Explorer discs for dirt cheap through SVO, Currie, etc set up for your wheel pattern, pressumably 5x4.75. They're solid disc, but they have better than average internal parking brakes and should satisfy your desire to compensate for blowing your budget on rear suspension with your brakes.

Tobin
KORE3

randy
04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Odds are that you have the Ford big-bearing "Torino" housing ends with the 2.00 x 3.56 rectangular pattern and 2.50" brake/axle offset dimension. If that's the case, you can get the rear Explorer discs for dirt cheap through SVO, Currie, etc set up for your wheel pattern, pressumably 5x4.75. They're solid disc, but they have better than average internal parking brakes and should satisfy your desire to compensate for blowing your budget on rear suspension with your brakes.

Tobin
KORE3

yes they will be torino ends. So rear ford explorer rear disc brakes work? What year? They would be a simple bolt on with this rear end? Sorry ive always messed around with imports and right now im trying to learn about this car and the language.

Second thought can I have DSE make my rearend ends be able to bolt up to ls1 brake system off of a early 2000 camaro?

Apogee
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
yes they will be torino ends. So rear ford explorer rear disc brakes work? What year? They would be a simple bolt on with this rear end? Sorry ive always messed around with imports and right now im trying to learn about this car and the language.

Second thought can I have DSE make my rearend ends be able to bolt up to ls1 brake system off of a early 2000 camaro?

The Ford Explorer brakes are 5x4.5 pattern rotors, so unless you buy them through an aftermarket vendor like Currie, then you'll need to do some modifications/machining to make them work.

Since it sounds like you have yet to build your rear end, you can always use the GM/Ford hybrid housing ends (i.e. Moser #7900FM) and run the 1998-2002 LS1 F-body rear brakes if you prefer.

Tobin
KORE3

wmhjr
04-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Thats how I get my good deals around here:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. I have an essentially brand new complete front setup (12.2", Dynalite Forged 4 pistons, extra pads, drilled/slotted rotors) that have maybe 800 miles on them that I just removed and will likely be selling.

dcrider69
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Yep. I have an essentially brand new complete front setup (12.2", Dynalite Forged 4 pistons, extra pads, drilled/slotted rotors) that have maybe 800 miles on them that I just removed and will likely be selling.

PM with details on sale please :unibrow: