PDA

View Full Version : April 11 Feature: McGaffin Digital Photography

XcYZ
04-01-2011, 07:29 AM
The April Feature of the Month is a slight departure from what we've done in the past. After reviewing quite a bit of Rob McGaffin's photography, I asked him if we could do a Feature on his work. As I explained, while anyone can pick up a welder and weld, it takes a true craftsman to make it beautiful. I feel the same way about Rob's photography; anyone can pick up a camera and take pics, but Rob has exceptional talent and takes photographs.

His Feature reflects that. He was kind enough to send over 200+ photographs that show his wide range of work, not only cars, but also people, product, and events.

Also included is his Olds 442 and the transformation that it has seen. It's all covered in his bio within the Feature. Be sure to check it out, it's fantastic.

www.Lateral-g.net/members/mcgaffin

http://www.lateral-g.net/McGaffin_LEAD.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/members/mcgaffin)

radrambler
04-01-2011, 09:32 AM
:thumbsup:

ROB , Your photography brings our magazines to another level.:bow:

Tom

coolwelder62
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Good choice,Congrat's Rob.:thumbsup:

Flash68
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Very nice profile, Scott... nice to see a little change of pace. Great story behind it. I briefly met Robert at RTTC and chatted, but did not know the history. Very cool. :thumbsup:

protour73
04-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Now THAT is Art!!!

I didn't need this feature to become a fan of Rob's photography, but it DID make me an even BIGGER fan of his talent.

Scott, what a great diversion from the usual feature!!! :thumbsup:

Autokraft
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Rob is the man. :hail:

tones2SS
04-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Great Photos and great 442.:thumbsup:

cmraman
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks Scott, this is a real honor.
:lateral:

Bow Tie 67
04-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Great pic Scott

I find myself looking at photo credits now, Rob yours stand out from the crowd. :thumbsup:

cmraman
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Great pic Scott

I find myself looking at photo credits now, Rob yours stand out from the crowd. :thumbsup:

Thanks alot Matt, I appreciate the compliment and the support.

GregWeld
04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Great choice!

Was funny breaking bread (or was it taco shells?) with you Rob! Glad you didn't have a camara with you for my "birthday"!

LOL

:cheers:

nvr2fst
04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Congrats Rob, well deserved.

Mick Mc
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I dig the mount you use to get the moving shots.

Mick

DFRESH
04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Couldn't go to a cooler person---plus, Rob took me on a run through the cones at Del Mar in Bad Penny---Steve was nice enough to loan her out to us---now I know how bad my car really is.

Thanks again for the pic of my car bro and congrats on being featured here---I'm a huge fan of the 442 as you know---looking forward to seeing in person someday. Your work speaks for itself!

Doug

cmraman
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Couldn't go to a cooler person---plus, Rob took me on a run through the cones at Del Mar in Bad Penny---Steve was nice enough to loan her out to us---now I know how bad my car really is.

Thanks again for the pic of my car bro and congrats on being featured here---I'm a huge fan of the 442 as you know---looking forward to seeing in person someday. Your work speaks for itself!

Doug

Thanks alot Doug. It was a great time hanging out with you and the whole So Cal. crew. It was fun and gracious of Steve to pass Penny around like a cheap whore. It's a fun car. Hopefully I can get you and the Olds together sometime. Thanks for the compliment. I was really flattered that Scott wanted to do this.

cmraman
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Great choice!

Was funny breaking bread (or was it taco shells?) with you Rob! Glad you didn't have a camara with you for my "birthday"!

LOL

:cheers:

It was great to see you Greg. Wish I could have gotten there sooner for the birthday hat. LOL

ALLSPEED01
04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Nice job Robert! We love your work, I'm looking forward to seeing your future projects!:thumbsup:

cmraman
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice job Robert! We love your work, I'm looking forward to seeing your future projects!:thumbsup:

Thanks Brian! Looking forward to working with you on the TA.

66LS7
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Congrats Rob, well deserved honor. I really have enjoyed your work in many of the magazines you work for. I also have enjoyed working with you on many of the tech articles for your killer Olds.:cheers:

cmraman
04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats Rob, well deserved honor. I really have enjoyed your work in many of the magazines you work for. I also have enjoyed working with you on many of the tech articles for your killer Olds.:cheers:

Thanks Randy. It's been fun, and looking forward to working with you more here in the near future. Keep doing killer work!!

89 RS
04-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Great stuff Robert, truly artwork and not just "photos".

cmraman
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback. I really love doing what I'm doing and being apart of this community. I really appreciate it.

george paul
04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Congrats Robert...nice feature ...and the Olds looks Great!
Thanks for your help in the past and keep up the great work!

Roadster Shop
04-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey Rob, congrats! Don't know how I missed this thread until now. Great work as always.

SAR Skipper
04-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Very beautiful shots, and a great bio!
Thanks for sharing:cheers:

cmraman
04-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey Rob, congrats! Don't know how I missed this thread until now. Great work as always.

Hey guys, Thanks!! Not like you have had much free time with all those projects. LOL. I enjoy working with you on the projects you turn out.

cmraman
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Very beautiful shots, and a great bio!
Thanks for sharing:cheers:

Thanks man! It was a real honor being asked to do this. I am glad you enjoyed it.
:lateral:

RECOVERY ROOM
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Good for you, Always nice images to look at :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ANVIL1
04-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Congratulations Robert, you deserve the recognition! You've taken some beautiful shots of some great cars, some of which ended up in our catalog which I am eternally grateful for! Your shots make our catalog look fantastic and made it possible to put it all together in time to get them printed for SEMA. I owe you one!
You have a natural talent that I am sure will take you places. Best of luck always!!!