PDA

View Full Version : Help with Baer Brake Caliper

cdushane
03-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Over the weekend when I strapped my car down inside the trailer I bent the metal brake line that connects from the front to the back side of the caliper. It actually was grinding against the inside of my wheel when I pulled it out of the trailer. I was able to bend it back and get enough clearance to drive the car without it rubbing but I was wondering if I should replace this line now as it may have been weakend by bending it back? If I need to replace it and if there's anyone on here that's a dealer for Baer please let me know so I can order the part.
It's the metal piece at the bottom side of the red shelby caliper.....not that most of you don't know this already :yes:

Apogee
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
That sucks...I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if the cross-over tubes were stock items with most Baer distributors since they usually last the life of the caliper, however I'm sure Baer could help you out if you called them directly. They're probably fine, but since we are talking about brakes, it would be better to err on the safe side IMHO and replace it if you tweaked them bad enough to hit the wheel.

Tobin
KORE3

Over the weekend when I strapped my car down inside the trailer I bent the metal brake line that connects from the front to the back side of the caliper. It actually was grinding against the inside of my wheel when I pulled it out of the trailer. I was able to bend it back and get enough clearance to drive the car without it rubbing but I was wondering if I should replace this line now as it may have been weakend by bending it back? If I need to replace it and if there's anyone on here that's a dealer for Baer please let me know so I can order the part.
It's the metal piece at the bottom side of the red shelby caliper.....not that most of you don't know this already :yes:

cdushane
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I was able to bend it back and it drives just fine but it still worries me that the piece is now weakend. Anyway, I did call Baer and we are getting a new piece in. Thanks for your advice :cheers: