PDA

View Full Version : Vendor feedback forum...

Ketzer
03-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I've seen quite a few car forums where they have a specific area to post a good experience with a vendor, or a problem. Maybe this could be a way to boost up the sales of vendors by seeing their service record? Aso a way customers to ask about delays or problems and vendors to answer before things get out of hand?
Just an idea...

Jeff-

John510
04-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Yes we need this !!!!!!

The site probably doesnt want to do it though because some vendors pay to advertise even if their service isnt great.

camcojb
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes we need this !!!!!!

The site probably doesnt want to do it though because some vendors pay to advertise even if their service isnt great.
you don't know Scott at all of you think that. The problem is the amount of moderation and extra time it'll take, and how it gives people with an agenda a place to spread their views.

There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow vendor bashing, and it's not because of money (at least in this case). I agree in theory with a review section, but reality would likely turn out a lot differently.

Jody

BBC69Camaro
04-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes we need this !!!!!!

Scott has in many threads asked for the Vendor to be outed when it was obvious that they were not following through on their end, so I don't think your statement is being very fair in this regard.

There are many other forums that have a zero tolerance for speaking any ill of a vendor no matter how its phrased but have no problems letting praise out, Lat-g isn't one of these. Its a tricky issue as no one wants to get sued by a vendor for Libel, which they can do even if the statement is true, you still will have to spend $$$ defending yourself.

Ketzer
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I definately wasnt trying to stir anything up guys! It just seems there is always another side to some of these complaints.
A good vendor wouldn't fear the chance to respond and let his character shine through. I've seen that happen many a time in these disagreements, several bashers get together and start their sly bs comments and the vendor keeps his cool, stays proffesional and on point, and squashes the nonsense. THAT wins over the potential customers for sure!

Pick a couple of vendors to moderate...:rofl:

Jeff-

Vegas69
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Not needed, if you have a problem with one of the site sponsors, Scott or Jody will get to the bottom of it. Jody called me a couple weeks ago to question me in regards to selling a Toyota Supra engine to some bozo in Australia that assumed I was the scam artist. I politely told Jody that I wouldn't know what a supra engine looked like if it was sitting in my living room. :D

John510
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
OK then how hard would it be to have a trader rating system like the one on Ebay/LS1tech? It doesnt have to just be for vendors. All sellers can get rated.

If its hard to do no worries.. Just an idea

SAR Skipper
04-09-2011, 03:43 PM
...The problem is the amount of moderation and extra time it'll take, and how it gives people with an agenda a place to spread their views.

There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow vendor bashing, and it's not because of money (at least in this case). I agree in theory with a review section, but reality would likely turn out a lot differently.

Jody

I have to agree, at least in part with the above.

For several years, and until just recently, I was a moderator on a statewide Corvette site.
Not a big site by web-standards, but sort of active. More like a family.
Unfortunately, due to some bad dealings with a local vendor in his area, and the fact that he couldn't "force" law enforcement to do things "his way", the owner/admin seriously lost his flaming mind and began spewing paranoia based insults and vile commentary at various segments of the membership. At that time, it was time to say bye bye :rofl:

Anyway, What I saw while there, were numerous post from new members about this shop or that or this product or that.
With the anonymity of the internet to protect them, many would just jump in and begin ranting about the "quality" of a product or service, or this tuner is better than that tuner, without supplying supporting details, documentation or evidence (the concept of "evidence" was something the admin there couldn't seem to grasp :rofl: ).

On several occasions, I had to ask the member to be more specific, which on at least one occasion I can recall, led to the newbie going ballistic.
He'd threaten me, other members that wanted to help him, curse like a sailor (He was in the Air Force-no passes:lol: ) and had to be banned at least 2x's.
It usually seems to become a breeding ground for contempt and can seriously degrade the comradery found on a site:(

I now have a very small muscle car site (no more make/model specific sites for me, thanks).

As an admin, for my $$$, I'll pass on the vendor site and deal with any of the vendor/member issues as they arise on the board.

I have to agree with the admin here.
It's not worth it IMHO.