PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a kit to rebuild a DSE mastercylinder?

RBR
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I have the mastercylinder/brake booster kit for 69 camaro/firebird. My kit is a couple years old and it leaks between the MC and brake booster. It always seeped a little but now I'm getting drops. As of now DSE does not have a rebuild kit. They are working on one but it will be weeks before they might have something.

I was hoping some else out there might have a solution to rebuild the M/C. I really like the set up, but now my frame paint is hammered and I need to get something going.

I'm not sure if I really need power brakes for my car 69 firebird with 12in wilwoods in all four corners. I was throwing around the idea of going with just a wilwood M/C and get rid of the booster. :lateral:

RBR
04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Blue tape and a paper towel taped under the booster is my solution. Looks dumb but I'll be able to drive until I get something going.:cheers:

SLO_Z28
04-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Leaking master cylinders are fairly dangerous. It would be a shame to crash a nice car because of a seal failure. Id park the car until its fixed. I crashed my car once in a Burger King parking lot because of this same failure.

Apogee
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I've checked with a few sources, and I haven't had any luck finding a rebuild kit for that particular MC (unless you want to buy a large pallet-sized quantity). X2 on getting a new MC...they're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things and your brakes are your most important safety item on any running vehicle.

Tobin
KORE3

RBR
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Yes, you are right I shouldn't drive it. I decided to rewire my harness for the third time:lol: so I have the car back on block's. I also plan to repaint the frame where it got damaged from the brake fluid. Also have to put in a new throwout bearing and check my sending unit in my gas tank. So, I got a few things to work on while I get the M/C worked out.

I did figure out that it's leaking from the plastic res. where it connects to the M/C.

RBR
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
DSE sent me a brand new M/C and brake booster. They contacted me direct and sent out a new one along with a shipping label to return the old one at no cost to me.
They stood behind the product they sold:thumbsup: . It was great to have this kind of service. Thank you again DSE!!!

In the past I have delt with buying a brand new 12bolt with brake kit included. Rotors didn't fit the axles. The solution from the vendor was to grind the rotors to make them fit. I did and it worked, but brand new stuff in a kit should work.
(not purchased from a supporting vendor of Lateral G)

Another bad deal was when I bought my clutch, bell housing and flywheel to convert my new LS to work with myTKO600. The company with the expert:lol: knew all the right parts to order:lol: . I was sent out the wrong parts, I contacted the company. The solution, send back the parts at my cost and charge me restocking 15% restocking fee:( . (not a supporting vendor of Lateral G) I contacted BBB when I should have went to Consumer Affairs. Lesson learned on that one. The funny thing was I saw the AS#%*@* on Speed TV not long after. It was a trip to put a face with the person who ripped me off.

:lateral: :cheers: