PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Coddington wheel company sold.

Musclerodz
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Saw on another forum and just read at www.Americanracing.com, American Racing and Boyd Coddington Wheels have recently been aquired by a holding firm called Platinum. Anybody have any inside info?

Mike

Todds69
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Haven't heard that one...I know his son owns BC Forged. So I wonder if that is the one they are referring to. I can't see Boyd selling the one in his backyard.

TravisB
01-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Haven't heard that one...I know his son owns BC Forged. So I wonder if that is the one they are referring to. I can't see Boyd selling the one in his backyard.

Boyd JR is BC forged....but BCforged is WELD...I'm pretty sure they didn't sell. Boyd hasn't owned his wheel line for a long time...well since he went bankrupt awhile back!

markss28
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
If it was sold does that mean prices go up or down? I wanted to buy a set from Boyd mainly because the price was about right, but now who knows what I'll be paying.

TwinSting
01-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, it was Boyds Wheels that was sold. The holding company that bought American Racing last year has purchased Boyds Wheels and is also in the process of purchasing a few other wheel companies. I have spoken with people on both sides of the deal.

Musclerodz
01-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, it was Boyds Wheels that was sold. The holding company that bought American Racing last year has purchased Boyds Wheels and is also in the process of purchasing a few other wheel companies. I have spoken with people on both sides of the deal.
And?????....... :willy:

Mike

hotwheels
01-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I havent heard anything yet.........i will see if i can find any info.

Kendall Burleson
01-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Boyd jr work for weld wheel for over a 2 year now that why if you look at some of weld wheels have that Boyd look to some of their stuff. :unibrow: