PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Over Thread Titles

The WidowMaker
03-19-2011, 10:52 PM
on other sites when looking at the main forum screen, i can roll over the titles of the various threads that are in a sub category. some are too long and have "......" after them, but usually it will give you the full title when you put your cursor on it. this forum doesnt on any of the computers that i use. is there something that i need to select or change to make this happen?

i am still able to get a pop up once im in a category (ie. project updates) and roll over the title. its just on the main screen.

thanks, Tim

XcYZ
03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
That's called tooltips. It works for me, I get tooltip when I mouse over the thread titles when in a specific subforum. When mousing over a thread title on the main Forum Home, I get the tooltip that says Go to first unread post in thread 'xxxxxxxxx'. You don't get anything?

Roberts68
03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Works here too. I use Google chrome if that matters.

The WidowMaker
03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
on the main forum page i get nothing. i get all the info in the subforums though. kind of weird.

camcojb
03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
on the main forum page i get nothing. i get all the info in the subforums though. kind of weird.
on the main forum page are you rolling over to the right where a single thread is listed in the forum? It won't work on the open discussion wording itself, but if you go to the right and mouse over the latest thread in open discussion it should work.

Jody

The WidowMaker
03-27-2011, 11:50 AM
jody,

this is what im getting. in the first example from lat-g, im moused over this thread. in the chevelles.com example you can see it has pulled up the full title when moused over. thanks for your help.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/chevelle496ci/Graphic1.jpg
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab145/chevelle496ci/Graphic11.jpg

The WidowMaker
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
also, the "go to last post" arrow pulls up when moused over, just not the title.

camcojb
03-27-2011, 11:58 AM
The way yours works on Chevelles.com is the way mine works here on Lateral-G.

The WidowMaker
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM
thats what i figured. just not sure why mine wont pull it up. i use about 5 different computers and they are all the same. its weird that i can do it on different forums and every other screen on this forum.

Tim