PDA

View Full Version : Push button shifter ?

Tim Baillie
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
What brand does Boyd us in that 59 impala and in the aluma tub ?

Steve Chryssos
01-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Sold thru Mooneyes. Made by Retrotek.

Edit: Hard to find on their website so here's the link:

http://www.mooneyesusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1505

Musclerodz
01-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't that freak them out. A hidden push button shifter combined with a paddle shifter.

Mike

TravisB
01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't that freak them out. A hidden push button shrifter combined with a paddle shifter.

Mike

my thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

Ummgawa
01-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Steevo I believe we had that conversation about 6 months ago, LOL.

69MyWay
01-20-2006, 12:44 PM
I built a low budget version of this on our 23 T-bucket with a Turbo 400 trans.

I used a 4" linear actuator from www.uslinear.com mounted on the trans with a pivot on each end to actuate the shifter linkage.

I ran that through a power window switch. I ran the power for the switch through the brake pedal so the ONLY way the actuator can get power is if the brake is depressed. Therefore the only way it can go in and out of gear is if you are braking/stopped.

On the t-bucket you can feel when it goes in gear so there is no need for a indicator switch.

Steve Chryssos
01-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I built a low budget version of this on our 23 T-bucket with a Turbo 400 trans.
I used a 4" linear actuator from www.uslinear.com mounted on the trans with a pivot on each end to actuate the shifter linkage.
I ran that through a power window switch. I ran the power for the switch through the brake pedal so the ONLY way the actuator can get power is if the brake is depressed. Therefore the only way it can go in and out of gear is if you are braking/stopped.
On the t-bucket you can feel when it goes in gear so there is no need for a indicator switch.

Most ingenious. Considering the Mooneyes deal is $999, you should go into production.

Jim and Muscelrodz--yeah. There's no reason why you can't use both as long as the units are installed on an electronic trans. The two products work independently.

Keith
01-20-2006, 11:48 PM
That was the original plan for the Chevelle but ended up with a Hammer instead..... it's pretty cool. Check it out... www.retrotekspeed.com

Dodgenut64
01-29-2006, 10:15 AM
i have a push button in my 64 dart......but its not the same thing of course :P