PDA

View Full Version : need wheel help on a 67 camaro

ls67
01-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I just purchased a set of rims and tires from summit and do not like the fit
the wheels are all AR hopsters 17 x 8 with 4 and 3/4 back space the rear tires are 255 45 17 the fronts are 235 45 17

there are 2 problems with this set up.

1. I have 7/16 studs and the wheels will not center perfectly and have an excentric wobble I called american racing and they told me that the hopster has to be custom built for the 67 to fix this problem. So does anyone have a suggestion that would help on this problem like drilling out the axles and hubs for larger studs ??? would that Fix it???

2. the other thing is that the front tires do not sit under the lip like I had expected them to .. so can anyone tell me from experience what will fit a 67 I got these sizes from a guy that had them on his 69 and they looked very good so I guess that a 69 has more fender room than a 67.

i have searched for hours before i ever ordered these and have only found that I am more confused now than before so here is what i have and would like to hear your suggestions.

1967 camaro 2 '' lowerd in the front
not lowered in the rear yet but can be done if need to get the look I want
which is the pro touring look
I have multileaf springs with forward facing shocks
and 12 inch disc brakes all the way around
rack and pinion steering and I dont think the steering arm will be an issue

I would like to run 17'' all the way around so tell me what you guys think I need to get something orderd soon.

thanks in advance

awr68
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Welcome!!
You know, those should actually fit. Is your car aligned yet? Did you measure the wheels to make sure they sent the correct b.s.?

I have 17x8 w/ 5" b.s. and a 245/45/17 on the front of my '68 (same as '67 fender), but I know guys do use the 8'' w/ 4.75" b.s. I went with 5" b.s. to make damn sure they were inside and not under the fender lip since I lowered my car quite a bit.

BTW, a 9.5" wheel w/ 5.5" b.s. and a 275 tire is max for the back of a first gen camaro without getting into some sheetmetal work that is.

What rack and pinion are you using??

ls67
01-21-2006, 01:13 AM
you know i did not check them out they could have sent the wrong wheel they did send 2 wrong tires. I will check them out in the morning. do yours tuck up under your fender

ls67
01-21-2006, 04:57 PM
they did send me the wrong bs they are 4.25 and I ordered 4.75

so I guess i will send them back to summit

awr68
01-21-2006, 06:29 PM
there ya go!! :thumbsup:

And yes, mine do clear the lip with 5" b.s., just figure the wheel is .75" in from where your's is now.