PDA

View Full Version : the best car magazine

speedshftr
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
ive been a member for two years and love it.they cancelled poconos so im not sure what will be the closest event this year.

HRBS
03-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Rhinebeck, NY
Jun. 24 - Jun. 26, 2011

I never liked the Pocono show.
Bring back Hershey. The Izod Center was a great venue but I think GG had issues with the property owners.

Ed... chime in here... :lol:

Ed.Capen
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I am glad you like the Goodguys Gazette. The art department here at Goodguys takes great pride in making it very cool each and every month. They have won numerous awards for the job they do and it shows.

Now the closest event to you is the Rhinebeck NY event held June 24-26, 2011. You are also pretty close to Columbus and that is by far the biggest event of the season.

Sorry about the Hershey event. Goodguys was very happy with the Hershey event but the park had date issues and the hockey team kept winning and that caused our date to be filled.

We are always looking for venues in the upper east coast to help with filling this void so we will keep looking and let you know if something is coming in your area.

Thanks for the questions.

Goodguy Ed
:goodguys:

HRBS
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
speedshftr:
Make the trip to Columbus. You WONT be disapointed.
We debut a new car every year there. I feel this years entry is our best effort yet..... (No SMOY) but just plain nice.
Alot of builders do the same so that is worth the (newly reduced.... w/ coupon) price of admission alone ! You wont see that in Pocono... LOL

67ragtp
03-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi Ed

Any reason why you don't do the autocross at Rhinebeck? Ive been to the show and its great, Is it a sponsor issue? The northeast NJ/NY/Conn/NE has to have enough pro-touring enthusists to support one event. I thought the autocross at pocono was great, just too damn cold at that time of the year.

Thanks Rich

Ed.Capen
03-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Rich,
Very good question.

It all comes down to space to make the AutoCross a great part of the event. Rhinebeck has very little pavement and if weather is an issue we could not be taking up the area with the AutoCross as we would need it for show car parking.

Charlotte and Columbus are going to be your closest at this time. We add events when we find a good place to have them so stay tuned and we will see if there is anything coming your way.

Goodguy Ed:goodguys:

TheCntrion
03-13-2011, 09:59 PM
It's too bad they canceled it.