PDA

View Full Version : minimize binding in a-body rear suspension?

Merlin
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
After searching many threads, the conclusion is to run spherical bearing in both ends of the lower control arms, and spherical bearing on the chassis side and rubber bushing on the axle side of the upper control arm.
I've looked at the Currie's Johnny Joint. They seems to a great substitude for heim joint, better weather protection. Currie's lower arm, ce-7011L, consist of an urethane bushing and a johnny joint at the other end.
I presumed that the urethane bushing would produces a lot of binding.
Do you think it would be better to have johnny joints at both ends?
Can they be order this way? or am I over concern with using johnny joint at both ends of the lca? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus SC&C
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Johnny joints at both ends would be somewhat better on paper. However since most folks will be running them with a stock configuration rear sway bar that bolts to the arms the extra freedom of movement would be restricted to the point that joints on both ends probably wouldn`t yield any rear world improvement you could feel. In their current configuration they`re still the best overall rear arms on the market IMO. We were testing our own tubular lower arms for A and G bodys with Johnny joints in them when we became aware that Currie was already making almost the same product already! So....we`re becoming a Currie dealer! I should have pricing in a couple days and they`ll be on the site in a few weeks. Mark SC&C

TonyG
01-20-2006, 04:56 PM
any prices yet?

Marcus SC&C
01-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Hopefully this week. Mark SC&C