PDA

View Full Version : Pro-touring Ford Options? discussion thread

Majik16106
01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
I started the other thread about mopar options. Now I wanted to do one with ford engines. This is just a discussion thread. So people can speak their experience and voice opinion on good ford builds.

to me the obvious first choice is the 03 cobra motor/ six speed swap. Anyone know of a good place to find a drivetrain?

any old school 302 should be easy to find, build and wire.. anyone know what kind of hp/tq a 80-90's 5.0 can take?

tons of companies make supercharger kits. a bunch make turbo kits. forced inducion like with an SBC is an easy thing to do.

Unlike mopars however I dont see big blocks being popular. the 302 is by far the most popular choice.. but has anyone seen any good 351 builds? Id personally be interested in a stroked/blown pump gas 351. seems like good power for not much. Any thoughts or inputs guys?

Hooligan
01-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Billmitchell/world performance make a 460 ford smallblock. http://www.worldcastings.com/docs/05_cat_pg37.pdf

Majik16106
01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
460, cool for tq, cool for street car, but is there anything that can beat a 302 for a road racing motor? what about a 7500 rpm street car, all pump.. i would like to just see people kind of talk. what is charley libby running in his mustang? i know next to nothing about ford motors, what works well for what?