PDA

View Full Version : February 11 Feature: Matt Lazich's 69 Mustang

XcYZ
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
The February Feature of the Month is Matt Lazich's Anvil 69 Mustang. It's a fantastic build, one with many details that need to be studied to appreciate. Matt sent over some new build shots as well as some history behind it. It's amazing that the entire build was done in 10 months.

Be sure to head over to AnvilAuto.com (http://www.anvilauto.com/) to see even more.

www.Lateral-g.net/members/lazich

http://www.lateral-g.net/LAZICH_Lead.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/members/lazich)

CarlC
01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Tyler had the courtesy to not laugh at me while I drooled and slobbered all over myself while looking at this car at SEMA. I spent more time staring at this car than any other. It's phenomenal. Very nicely done Matt.

Ron in SoCal
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Congrats Matt! It was good to see the car (ok, you as well) last weekend. There was a gearhead in the booth that had not known of your car. I musta spent 15 mins walking him around it and showing him all the custom touches. We spent most of the time talking about the rear suspension and the tailpanel. Now he knows who Anvil is and what a clean 'Stang really looks like...:lol:

Rybar
02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
What an unbelievable build Matt. Love all the details and my favorite has to be those one off wheels. Great choice on the '69 Mustang, it's my favorite year of Mustang bodystyle. And boy does Pure Vision put out some nice builds. :thumbsup:

1969Crossram
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
AWSOME!!!! What else can I say?

Cris@JCG
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Amazing car Matt! Congrats!

vinz68
02-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Congrats!! That is one sweet Mustang!!!:thumbsup:

coolwelder62
02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Congrat's Matt.This is one amazing ride.:thumbsup: Can't wait to see it in person.:hail: Scott M.

tones2SS
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Great car Matt. Very nice.
Congrats!:thumbsup: :cheers:

waynieZ
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Congratulation's Matt. I loved watching this one go together. Beautiful car!

Vegas69
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
She's bad. :thumbsup: Does it get driven hard?:D

chr2002ca
02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
A truly wicked ride. The 69 is my favorite year for the Mustang. Congrats Matt!

Matt@BOS
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Matt is a really patient guy. He has spent way too many hours of his life telling me about every little detail on his '69. If he had some kind of build book, or detailed display he could probably have gotten more than a few hours of his life back :lol:

Matt

protour73
02-03-2011, 07:54 PM
This is my personal favorite Mustang body style, but the execution on the rest of the car is just jaw dropping beautiful. The front and rear suspension is ridiculously cool. The way that the rear cantilever system was tied into the interior is unreal. I don't even know what to say about those one-off wheels, except that they look like they belong on the car today, and yesterday.

Congrats, Matt on a spectacular build!!!

just ....... WOW

Scott, you really know how to pick 'em!! Thanks

ANVIL1
02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks everybody for your kind compliments and for taking the time to look at build thread and this feature. Scott, thanks for showing it off!
I finally got a chance to drive it on Wednesday (Feb. 2nd). The guys from cars.tv wanted to take some video of it in action so we took it up the steet from Pure Vision and I did several passes over a bridge that doesn't get much traffic. The engine still needs to be dynoed and then the suspension needs to be dialed in, but I got to feel the power and hear the sounds eminating from the exhaust and all I can say is, WOW! I've driven some high power cars before, but nothing with over 800 h.p. Of course I didn't want to thrash it the first time out and on public roads, but it feels solid, stiff and very powerful. It would be an interesting comparison to a real Trans Am Mustang from back in the day.
Also, it was the first chance that I had to look at the car from a distance which gives you a different perspective and it really looks cool and menacing. Thanks again, to everybody involved with the build and to everyone on this forum for taking notice and providing feedback!

66LS7
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Matt that is hands down my favorite Mustang!:bow:

protour73
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Matt, I saw the CARS.TV episode this morning, featuring the Mustang. It was a great piece showing some of the build. I love this car!! :D