PDA

View Full Version : North of the Border

CHROMAHOLIC
01-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys!

I live in Ontario, Canada and have recently joined the website - enjoy it very much! I currently have 2 Chevys one being a 1970 SS 396/375 HP Nova the other being a 1983 Malibu wagon. The wagon currently has a 350/350 in it and has been lowered 2" in the front and 3" in the rear. I am thinking about making this car more of a pro-touring car including LS1 air-ride suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes and Hotchkis suspension, larger rims and tires. I was just wondering what everyone would think of it done this way?

Look forward to any comments good or bad....

srh3trinity
01-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Looks pretty good already, I even like the wheels that are currently on it. But your plan sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

oldzzy
01-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey nice looking wagon you have there. I went to Woodward in one that looked exactly like that years ago. Where abouts do you live in Ont?

CHROMAHOLIC
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi Shane, How are doing you have a nice looking Cutlass, You probably did go to Woodward in this car because I think the guy that owned it before me or his son took it to Woodward 3 or 4 years ago. I live in Brantford, hey and thanks for the reply I appreciate it ................

oldzzy
01-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Cool! So it was your car! His son and i drove it there and had a blast comming home. We raced a beamer a couple of times and killed it! That was even with the air on lol! Finally the guy pulled up beside us and buddy unrolled the window and said..." you know what the only thing worse than getting beat buy a wagon with the air on is? " the guy reply " what? " buddy said " this is my mom's car!! " lol The guy then turned left!
The pic in my avator isn't my car... mine is in a million pieces, but that is the look i am looking for. I live in London btw.

Rybar
01-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome, another Canadian member here from the west coast. I like your Wagon project. Sounds like a good plan, let's see some pics of the Nova.

CHROMAHOLIC
01-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Here are some shots of my Nova...........all #s matching car in need of a paint job, the paint is not as bright as it looks in these pics. It is actually corvette daytona yellow......i painted this car 24 years ago. I also enclosed a motor shot and interior shot of the wagon........c-ya

66chevy
01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Love the ideas for the wagon buildup. Keep us updated on the progress.

A friend of mine had a 70 to 72 Nova Daytona Yellow with a 402BB and 400 Turbo 20 years ago that looked just like yours. Those pics brought back some fond memories of that car.

Keep the pictures coming. We love pics.

Deron

lil427z
01-18-2006, 08:12 AM
welcome :)
rick k