PDA

View Full Version : Jim Mulvey's Camaro updates

XcYZ
01-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Guys, I have the pleasure of hosting a tech article highlighting the updates that are taking place on Jim Mulvey's 69 Camaro. I'm sure most everyone will remember how bad ass it was before with the ProCharged 502 and TH400 with GV overdrive. The car is currently under the knife at RaceTek in Water Mill, NY, getting a 21st Century Street Machines front subframe, a motor from Mark Stielow and a 4L80e with a Twist Machine Shrifter.

Look for more info and pictures as it progresses. I want to thank Steve Chryssos, Jim Mulvey, and the guys from RaceTek for allowing Lateral-g to document this project. :thumbsup:

www.lateral-g.net/racetek

http://www.lateral-g.net/racetek/021.jpg

Speedster
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Nice ride. That front suspension is sweet.
It looks very solid and probably addresses a lot of other suspension shortfalls.
It would be fun to watch a build kind of like they do multi-issue builds in Pop Hot Rodding and CHP.

Huxsol81
01-14-2006, 07:09 PM
:faint: WOW

Steve1968LS2
01-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I wonder if they would make me a set of those front braces :)

Very cool indeed..

orange88
01-14-2006, 08:01 PM
what acc. kit is that?

AndyB
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
That is very, very nice.

orange88,

I think that is the vintage air system. That was the first thing that caught my eye in the picture, it is a great looking setup.

G-Body
01-14-2006, 11:17 PM
wow aweome and love the detail and cleanliness real sweet :thumbsup:

crazy1969
01-15-2006, 12:27 AM
OK YOU YANKS IAM GOING TO START POSTING MY PIC OF MY CAR THAT I BUILDING IS A 69 Z28 TWIN TURBO fuel injection with Gen 7 D.F.I WITH 1500 HORSE POWER WITH D.S.E tubs and frnt coiler over kit wilwood brakes the best of the best

Steve Chryssos
01-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Cool! The page is up. Scott and I will add captions for each picture. And Todd promises to let us look over his shoulder as they apply all of their suspension measuring tools. The install is has gone smoothly so far. We will be straightforward about any minor issues that came up during the process so that you guys know this isn't just another advertorial. Keep it real.

Steve,
I don't see why Todd couldn't make you up a set of bars. Note that these are not true downbars. They bolt to the corner of the cowl--which is fairly stout. But they will not have the same affect as bars that are tied into the A-pillar bars. These should just tighten things up a little. We shall see.

Thanks Scott.

Kendall Burleson
01-15-2006, 01:23 AM
real nice car the set up look killer.com :hail:

Ricochet
01-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Looks killer! The frame looks awesome. Workmanship is second to none. The stepped headers are a work of art!

Rybar
01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
That car is looking sweet!

Steve1968LS2
01-16-2006, 12:09 PM
The stepped headers are a work of art!

Yes.. yes they are :)

Steve1968LS2
01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Steve,
I don't see why Todd couldn't make you up a set of bars. Note that these are not true downbars. They bolt to the corner of the cowl--which is fairly stout. But they will not have the same affect as bars that are tied into the A-pillar bars. These should just tighten things up a little. We shall see.

Cool.. give me a call when you get the chance, I have a question. Also, you can give me the contact info for the shop.

MarkM66
01-16-2006, 12:30 PM
OK YOU YANKS IAM GOING TO START POSTING MY PIC OF MY CAR THAT I BUILDING IS A 69 Z28 TWIN TURBO fuel injection with Gen 7 D.F.I WITH 1500 HORSE POWER WITH D.S.E tubs and frnt coiler over kit wilwood brakes the best of the best

Post them then.

jimhamptons
01-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks Scott for posting up the progress to date. :thumbsup:

The car is progressing very well and it is good to have guys like Todd and Steve around to ensure that the project will turn out as well as I hope it does.

The only thing I have to do is hold myself back from adding onto the project as it stands now. I already have plans for a color change, interior update and possible 3 link or independent rear. Right now we will get the new engine/tranny combo and front subframe done and I will enjoy the car for the summer and tackle my future plans next fall/winter.

syborg tt
01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
what acc. kit is that?

Vintage Air - Front Runner

rwhite692
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Steve - I like the "Oil is Good" photo.

Is that you? ....I'd stopped by your booth @Sema a couple times but kept missing you.

Rob

XcYZ
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Rob, no that's not him... Someone needs to dig up the pic of Steve on his little scooter. :lol:

Steve Chryssos
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Rob, no that's not him... Someone needs to dig up the pic of Steve on his little scooter. :lol:

WHATTYA MEAN BY "LITTLE SCOOTER"?
http://homepage.mac.com/streetfytr/.Pictures/Posting/bad2bone.jpg

Sorry to have missed you Rob. No, that's Todd Tureski proprieter of Racetek and supergenius aka the guru that goes, the ramen of roll centers and the godfather of grip.

68protouring454
01-18-2006, 05:20 PM
lmao, how many hp is that??
on another note, what about tha contest you and your wife had about the billboard, i believe you lost and there was something thrown around about a chicken suit???????????????
jake

Todds69
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
That front suspension is way awesome....keep up the great work!

Steve Chryssos
01-18-2006, 06:33 PM
lmao, how many hp is that??
on another note, what about tha contest you and your wife had about the billboard, i believe you lost and there was something thrown around about a chicken suit???????????????
jake

Yeah. I lost. It's the big bad wolf costume that we use on Wednesday nights (even weeks only). I was supposed to go food shopping in it and ask a clerk: "Excuse me? Where's the dogfood aisle? I never followed thru. Since then I just don't make bets with her. I get in enough trouble as is. She's always right.
Here we are together:
http://homepage.mac.com/streetfytr/.Pictures/Posting/aretha.jpg

Steve Chryssos
01-18-2006, 06:34 PM
That front suspension is way awesome....keep up the great work!
Thanks Todd. 21st Century and General Motors get the credit for that.

XcYZ
01-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Steve, thanks for the wallpaper! :lol: :lol:

Steve1968LS2
01-18-2006, 08:24 PM
That's what we use it for. We snuck that one and more into her computer's screensaver program. She gets a kick out of it. Here's my favorite: (Our booth babe showed up at SEMA a few hours late.)
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4153/twist5zx.jpg

Steevo.. I never realized the seedy marketing you employed at your booth, your banner is in bad taste.. I know that sex sells, but do girls really dig the shrifter that much??

Tisk Tisk Tisk... :rofl:

68protouring454
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
cool car and its good to see jim attacking the car face first, nice work jim,steve and racetek,

jake

Steve Chryssos
01-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Steevo.. I never realized the seeding marketing you employed at your booth, your banner is in bad taste.. I know that sex sells, but do girls really dig the shrifter that much??

Tisk Tisk Tisk...

Boy did this thread move sideways or what? Okay I think a little editing is in order. I'll go first.

rwhite692
01-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok back to the car...Yes those front braces to the cowl/firewall are nicely done. I want to do front bracing on mine when the cage goes in... but need to find a way to get them in there and not interfere w/ the plumbing for the turbos.