PDA

View Full Version : basic mini tub question....

ArisESQ
01-13-2006, 07:46 PM
i was just kinda looking through the DSE site and saw that they offered the wider camaro tubs alone, or with the mini tub package... i was wondering if anyone knew if there were any advantages to installing the tubs alone, without rellocating the springs, or if it was neccesary to move the springs to realy reap the benefit of the tubs. just curious. and thanks.

XcYZ
01-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Yep, you'll have to move the leafs inward with offset shackles or go to a 3 or 4 link rear suspension to get any benefit from the Deep Tubs.

Autokraft
01-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Ditto on what Scott said, you really need to go with the offset shackles to move the springs in and make use of the room the new tubs give you.

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

ZMAN1969
02-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I am in the process of doing the smaller minitub- that moves the inner fenderwell to the rear part of the frame - now the rear of the leaf spring is close to being in the way, doing a deeper tub would not benefit anything without moving the spring in . - that becomes a limiting factor- be ready when you move in the spring - you need a smaller-narrower fuel tank- and the costs go up more :faint: gotta love these cars!

Mean 69
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
be ready when you move in the spring - you need a smaller-narrower fuel tank- and the costs go up more

You could put a three link in it and not have to modify the gas tank! ;)
M

Mkelcy
02-16-2006, 10:53 AM
You could put a three link in it and not have to modify the gas tank! ;)
M

Last I heard, to have the Lateral Dynamics 3 link and an exhaust that ended behind the rear axle, you had to notch gas tank for exhaust clearance. Is that no longer the case?