PDA

View Full Version : New here

sick65
01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Thought I would intro myself.

I'm currently building a 65 Chevelle, 18 and 20's, Air Ride Tech, Healthy SBC with vortec heads :unibrow: , etc. The car was a running driving car when I got it, but I decided to tear it apart, and redo everything. The car is just coming back together. I will post some pics.

Glad to be here.

Rybar
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Wow! That's a killer Chevelle. Love the paint and the stance/wheels. :thumbsup:

Keep us updated with pics as you finish it up.

XcYZ
01-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome, Dennis! That's a gorgeous car, I love it.

TravisB
01-13-2006, 12:12 PM
dennis's car is very nice...pictures don't do it justice! Now if he could get those guys off there asses to get his hood done he would be in good shape :_paranoid

do you have the interior back in the car yet?

sick65
01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the comments guys...I appreicate it.

Trav-I know what you mean about the hood. It's always fun taking a POS glass hood and trying to make it fit and look like it belongs. The interior is back in just enough to drive it around and do some burnouts. It will come back out sometime next week to start over. :rolleyes:

Autokraft
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice car Dennis! :thumbsup:

Kurt

TravisB
01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the comments guys...I appreicate it.

Trav-I know what you mean about the hood. It's always fun taking a POS glass hood and trying to make it fit and look like it belongs. The interior is back in just enough to drive it around and do some burnouts. It will come back out sometime next week to start over. :rolleyes:

sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

ProTouring442
01-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Mmmmmm..... Red

Great lookin' ride! What sort of suspension stuff is under it?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"

67velle
01-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Everyone always says red is over done! How could you beat the look of dennis's #!$* car this thing is just bad ass!!!! how about this stance??? If I only can get half this look I am happy! kick ass car dennis. :bow: :hail:

Speedster
01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Nice Ride.
Kinda has that Malitude look.
Mean stance...
Welcome to the board.

TonyG
01-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Awesome car... Glad to see another newbie with a 65.. :D

Kendall Burleson
01-14-2006, 01:05 AM
killer stance love the paint. what engine are you putting in it. :thumbsup:

sick65
01-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Damn...I was hoping everyone would like the car, but I never expected this kind of response. I will try to respond to everyone.

Protouring 442- The suspension is my next project. It's pretty much stock parts with new bushings. :rolleyes: My plans for the next couple of months is to add some upgraded brakes, posi, and gears. Looking at the baer brake set up and a set of 3.73 gears.

67Velle...Thanks for the kind words. I love red..and you can get much better than house of kolor, blue blood red. JMO

Speedster....Malitude is a wicked car...Just wish mine was up to that caliber. Maybe some day. :unibrow:

Tony..Thanks...I love 65's

Kendall....I just dropped in 350, bored .30 over, all roller, JE pistons (flat-tops), pink rods, etc. Nothing to crazy, but just enough to raise some hell on the streets.

I really wish I had to money to go wild on the car, but the Harley in the garage is eating up some of my car fund. :D

Sorry for such a long reply.

66chevy
01-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Wow! Very nice Chevelle. Red :thumbsup: Stance :thumbsup: Wheels :thumbsup: :hail:
Can I have a ride... :lol:

Deron

sick65
01-18-2006, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=66chevy]Wow! Very nice Chevelle. Red :thumbsup: Stance :thumbsup: Wheels :thumbsup: :hail:
Can I have a ride... :lol:

Thanks Deron. If I ever get to Kentucky...I'll take you for that ride.

Ricochet
01-18-2006, 09:26 AM
You nailed the wheel/tire combo & stance. I have seen some killer cars that fall short in that dept. No problem here, you nailed it perfectly. The car looks stunning! Question, why did you go wuth a glass hood vs steel? I have has issues with glass before also. Not fun! Good luck. Keep the pics flowing!!

66chevy
01-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Well then I will be even more enthusiastic about encouraging you to get that project done. :fire: and bring that bad boy to KY. :yes:

I'll supply my own :drool: bib/rag.

Deron

TravisB
01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Well then I will be even more enthusiastic about encouraging you to get that project done. :fire: and bring that bad boy to KY. :yes:

I'll supply my own :drool: bib/rag.

Deron

deron you will want to catch dennis before 11:30am after that there might be a little drinkin goin on......... :lol: :lol:

sick65
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=TravisB]deron you will want to catch dennis before 11:30am after that there might be a little drinkin goin on......... :lol: :lol:

Don't listen to Trav, he does know what he is talking about. I start the drinking @ 10:00 :cheers:

[Quote=Ricochet] Question, why did you go wuth a glass hood vs steel?

I really wanted to go with a 2 inch cowl induction hood, but no one reproduces a steel version. Trust me, if I have a choice, I would have steel vs. glass.

lt1 chevelle
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
sweet 65 i could only wish one day mine will look like that someday what set up did u use to lower the car? well if you ever have time check out my 65ss :thumbsup:

sick65
02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=lt1 chevelle]sweet 65 i could only wish one day mine will look like that someday what set up did u use to lower the car? well if you ever have time check out my 65ss :thumbsup:

looks like you have a good start on your 65 Chris. I used the Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride set-up to lower the car, with the ride pro E controls.

If I can ever give one piece of advice in life....Never go the cheap route if you plan on using air ride. There are other kits out there for cheaper, but that's exactly what you are getting, a cheap POS!