PDA

View Full Version : Dannmar 10k two post lift

vstol
12-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone use a Dannmar 2 post 10k lift? It will be fully ETL/ATI certified by the end of January and its $2100 shipped to your door.

p51mus
12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
My friend bought one, very unsatisfied, poorly built, parts missing, its been a nightmare so far. He is trying to get his money back, but cant get any help.

vstol
01-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I just sent a copy of this post and response to the Dannmar rep that has contacted me. Would like to see his response

vstol
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
anyone have one else with comments that has one?

Ketzer
01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I looked at these also when I was saving up. Decided to go with BendPak. It was only a little more money and they seemed to have a stronger reputation. I am very happy so far with mine, seems well built and was fairly easy to put up.
They are all made in China, so no since in getting hung up on that. They all boast some sort of "certification" so I would go off that either. Do exactly what you are doing, ask around, try to get a look at them somewhere, stick your head the local mechanic shops and SEE what they are using. Nobody will care if ask about their lift. Go with your research and your gut.

Jeff-

GregWeld
01-07-2011, 09:36 AM
They are all made in China

Jeff-

Jeff....

Sorry... but that's just not true. There are still excellent lifts that are reasonably priced made right here in the good old U.S. of A.

There are many "private label" guys selling cheap chinko lifts... and I wouldn't buy any of them. A lift is something that you not only put your life "under" - your car is on it too... look at the lift the same way you do your car parts - step up and get a well built version - it will serve you well the rest of your life.

Here's just a couple - and there are others. Some lines (brands) have both USA and imports so you really have to ask if it's not made abundantly clear.

http://www.geminilift.com/

http://www.heartlandlifts.com/

IF IT DOESN'T SAY "MADE IN AMERICA" then you can assume it isn't... because the USA manufacturers want you to know - the import guys DON'T so they just don't bother to "mention" it. :cheers:

GregWeld
01-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Forgot this one.... although this particular brand is the Rolls Royce of lifts, so is overkill for a home hobby guy needs...

http://www.mohawklifts.com/wp/consumer/

GregWeld
01-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Forgot one of the best ones! The brand I SHOULD have gotten but went with Gemini instead.....

ROTARY LIFT

They're made in Madison Wisconsin I think.

Ketzer
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I have always heard that about Rotary. Tops in lifts. I went to a buddy's shop and looked at his two. His are a few years old and maybe they are lower end models? They are not as beefy as my BendPak. Doesn't mean they aren't better, they may have better steel, better engineering, better welds, whatever. The most important thing is exactly what you said Greg, If I'm getting under it...

Jeff-

vstol
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
thanks and for sure the mohawk is too $$$ for me, will keep looking I like to buy American but not for $1000 more if they are coparable but we will see.
Greg I saw you bought a Gemini lift seems to be ok?

GregWeld
01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes. My Gemini is fine. It's US made. Not as low as I'd like it to be but I overcome that using small ramps to drive up on.

Quality is fine.

vstol
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
anyone try the Challenger lift? Their 10k lift looks very nice and they have a different type of asymetric lift which is pretty slick

bdahlg68
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
anyone try the Challenger lift? Their 10k lift looks very nice and they have a different type of asymetric lift which is pretty slick

The mobile lifts look pretty cool too! My next house will have a REAL garage and a lift. They do look pretty good... and flexible. Do you need the flexibility?