PDA

View Full Version : twotone ideas

67velle
01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
looking for pics of two tone paint ideas getting ready to paint the firewall need ideas. thanks for any help.

XcYZ
01-11-2006, 07:31 PM
You mean what colors or the layout on the car?

67velle
01-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I have the colors silver on top black from the upper body line down with a custom mix of green pearl in the middle maybe 3/4 inch. I am in the middle of two toning the firewall tonight but Im not real sure of the size or style of the green just looking for something to spark my creativity. any thoughts? sorry took so long I was out spraying base.

67velle
01-12-2006, 04:44 PM
this is what I came up with for the firewall any ideas for the sides of the car??? looking to use same colors.

TonyG
01-13-2006, 04:36 AM
I don't have time right now, but when i get home this evening from work; I will photoshop some ideas using those colors for you.

I love 2-tones. :yes:

67velle
01-13-2006, 06:58 PM
thanks for any new ideas. just looking for the one!!!! :cheering:

TonyG
01-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Here will show you what you have already started.

67velle
01-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks alot for the photoshop! Anyone got other ideas for the green on my 67 chevelle????? I am looking for something to break up the straight line of green . maybe a name or a style for on the quarters?? I am also doing the dash twotone I would like to do something on the dash also.

TravisB
01-16-2006, 03:10 PM
iwould start real thin in the front and widen the strip behind the door on the quarters where the qaurters flare up!

TonyG
01-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Here is another one...

CAMAROBOY69
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Another silver/black combo. I am doing that same combination but my top will be black and the bottom silver. I am going to go with a thin accent line to break up the two. I wouldnt go as thick as the photoshop pics. I wil have flames at the end of my accent line. Mabey someone can photshop some flames or something on there for you. Does your line wrap all the way around the back of your car or end at the rear?

67velle
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Travis thanks for the input. I was thinking of that also. How big do you think at the back?? thanks Tony thinking about that ,maybe smaller with than on the photoshop?!? Maybe I should do some techy looking air brush in your newest picture one on the quarters? Camaroboy I think your right that would be to big for just an accent color . Do you have any renderings of your car. I seen a good looking two tone on the green camaro on Evolutions Musclecar site. I like the green on the front fender to help break up the twotone.What do you guys think of going around the back???? Not sure how it wiil look in such a small space? :unibrow:

CAMAROBOY69
01-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Camaroboy I think your right that would be to big for just an accent color . Do you have any renderings of your car. I seen a good looking two tone on the green camaro on Evolutions Musclecar site. I like the green on the front fender to help break up the twotone.What do you guys think of going around the back???? Not sure how it wiil look in such a small space? :unibrow:
The only decent renders of my car are here that I made in photoshop. Again they arent that good but at least they are a couple ideas for you. I am going with something close to the 3rd one. Here are my photoshops http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showpost.php4?p=19274&postcount=19
It is post #19 in "The official Illusion paint scheme"
If I was you I would not wrap the green all the way around the car. It just wouldnt look right.

TravisB
01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Travis thanks for the input. I was thinking of that also. How big do you think at the back?? thanks Tony thinking about that ,maybe smaller with than on the photoshop?!? Maybe I should do some techy looking air brush in your newest picture one on the quarters? Camaroboy I think your right that would be to big for just an accent color . Do you have any renderings of your car. I seen a good looking two tone on the green camaro on Evolutions Musclecar site. I like the green on the front fender to help break up the twotone.What do you guys think of going around the back???? Not sure how it wiil look in such a small space? :unibrow:

I would say no more than 2.5in 3 at absolute most then maybe bring it back down in size toward the back of the car and end it at the back of the quarter.....then around the back a simple fineline pinstripe or somethng along those lines!