PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Chevelle Malibu - I've had it for 23 years

R67Chevelle
12-25-2010, 03:34 PM
1967 Chevelle Malibu – 4 sale

It’s with deep regret :( :( that I am selling my first car that I have had for also 24 years now. Due to divorce, bankruptcy and employment I am selling my dream. Been waiting for the right time to do the car the way I wanted for the past 18 years, but have given up hope with it. Am I wining or complaining? Probably, but hopefully all of you guys will forgive me for being a whiner. Obviously in my eyes the car is priceless, but I have to pull my head out the mud and see the reality. Its not that I am desperate for the money per say, but my kids and I had to move in with my parents for a while and my dream has died for me, but I hope for some one else, I can pass on my dream to them and the chevelle can be raised from the dead. I had to put the car under cover and behind my parents barn 8 years ago, so the paint and some surface rust has occurred, but everything is all there and the car is solid. I had a lot of street races in the day, and lost only 1 to a datsun Z with a hot 400sb. Also, another story, I got out of a drag racing ticket (and jail) when the CHP clocked me at 130 back in 88 against a 1970 BB Camaro (also, just to let you all know he lost I won and I got out of the ticket) That was when I was 19, and yes I was stupid sometimes back then, its not pride or ego, hey I am 41 and I had fun with the car back then. I lost the pink, but will have a new pink end next week, hate going to the DMV.

327 bored .030 over been sitting so some wd-40 in the cylinders and some work it will fire. Double hump heads have 300 miles and bottom end has 7k.
Saginaw 4 speed has 5K on rebuild (broke it twice). Had th350 with a 3500 stall
Holley 750
Mallory unilite with hyfire coil
A/C in the trunk if someone wants stock a/c
Power steering
Drum brakes
12 bolt real with 331 gears, 10 bolt housing comes with it if you want it
Have additional dash in trunk
Have other items in the trunk, clutch linkage among other things.
1 small cancer spot (easy fix) in lower driver fender, rest of car is just surface rust.
(I have tires that keep air so it’s a roller)

My stipulation is this. Whoever buys the car has to promise a good home and will continue the dream. Also, I would like a photo every now and then on the rebuild cause I want to see someone happy and continue the dream of a car just a few years older then I. The car outlasted a 21-year marriage so that has to say something there. Sorry for the whining, my sorrow for someone else’s gain… Also, sorry about talking so much about me, I am normally a pretty quite guy, but it was a fun car….

$5K obo

[email protected]
Cell Phone: 805-723-4385

Blessings, Alan Scott

jeff71
12-25-2010, 08:24 PM
PM sent

R67Chevelle
12-30-2010, 06:42 PM
SOLD... pick up on saturday....

Vince@Meanstreets
12-30-2010, 07:40 PM
thank god, i was gonna drop the hammer, real nice ride. congrats and sorry you had to see it go at the same time.

R67Chevelle
12-31-2010, 10:32 AM
thank god, i was gonna drop the hammer, real nice ride. congrats and sorry you had to see it go at the same time.

I am quite shaken up over all of this, but I know tomorrow I will have a many tears over it... I am not the crying type, but in February it would be 24 years that I had the car.... Thanks for the kind words... Sorry to others I may not have got back with on this... I don't drink, but I may have a stiff one tomorrow...:(

Blessings,
Alan