PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale

GregWeld
12-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Who's planning on going to this over-priced sales nightmare this year?:D

I am!

I figure I'll go Friday all day and Saturday all day.... Will be in Scottsdale on Thursday morning is my plan. I'll have to take Adrienne (my ASU daughter) out for a bit of shopping etc...

Blake Foster
12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Yea i was going to go ............. then i realized it was the same weekend we had booked to go to Paris........ so i guess im out. :lol:
i think Bret V will be there.??

LM7_67
12-20-2010, 10:29 PM
there's a road rally type thing on Saturday the 15th that a few local F-body guys and I will be a part of

ironworks
12-21-2010, 10:11 AM
It looks like i will be skipping the event. Just to much going on.

RPM HOTRODS
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Thats what I like to hear Rodger.

GregWeld
12-21-2010, 02:59 PM
What a bunch of pussies!

Paris over BJ auction! Work over playing!

Man.... I had no idea what kinda "guys" I was hangin' with!

:rofl:

ironworks
12-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Thats what I like to hear Rodger.

But I do need to go out and campaign to be voted in to get that crown your wearing currently.

But if you add the Gullwing doors to that project your working on, They might let you keep that crown for 2 years in a row. :D :D :D :D

ironworks
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
What a bunch of pussies!

Paris over BJ auction! Work over playing!

Man.... I had no idea what kinda "guys" I was hangin' with!

Not all of us are under worked and over paid. Or 4 foot 11 for that matter either.

You may not be Tall, Dark, or Handsome, but you have the one thing that trumps all those qualities any day of the week. MUUUULLLLLAAAAAA

kennyd
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=ironworks;322993]But I do need to go out and campaign to be voted in to get that crown your wearing currently.

if you have to "campaign " its not worth having !

ironworks
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=ironworks;322993]But I do need to go out and campaign to be voted in to get that crown your wearing currently.

if you have to "campaign " its not worth having !

Well I will never get it on my own merits, So campaigning is all I have left.

GregWeld
12-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Who's going to tend the picks 'em up truck at BJ if you're not there? Want me to run it thru for ya?? :D

coolwelder62
12-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I was going,but now have decided to have a root canal done.:lol:Having dental work done can't be as painful as listening to Craig Jackson say this is the last muscle car on the planet or this car is way under the money.

RECOVERY ROOM
12-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Yea i was going to go ............. then i realized it was the same weekend we had booked to go to Paris........ so i guess im out. :lol:
i think Bret V will be there.??

You to,..... I was headed to Amsterdam that week also:D

GregWeld
12-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I was going,but now have decided to have a root canal done.:lol:Having dental work done can't be as painful as listening to Craig Jackson say this is the last muscle car on the planet or this car is way under the money.

Good decision!

You guys are making me rethink going! LOL
If Adrienne wasn't down there.... I'm CERTAIN I wouldn't go.

GregWeld
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM

You're just going for the brownies.

ProdigyCustoms
12-22-2010, 08:12 AM
The Mecum Auction here in Orlando was so strong last year, and the fact it is local to us, and there is a reserve, most of my friends in the game have most of their stuff running here the week after Barrett at Mecum. We have association or ownership of 4 cars going through, so I will be pretty busy getting final details ready for that.

So no Barrett Jackson for me this year.

GregWeld
12-22-2010, 08:20 AM
My oh My how fast this auction is losing it's luster!

It kind of reminds me of the housing bubble.... when prices were the highest there were MULTIPLE BIDS.... and sometimes you had buyers paying more than the asking price... but once they FELL 50%... NOBODY wants to buy them.

WTF.... how up-side-down is that?

In the arena I play in - it's supposed to be buy low, sell high.... :unibrow:

strtlegal
12-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I will be going, but since Im a pee'on I will just be a spectator...

I would like to go over to Russo and Steele. I believe its the same weekend and they have some very nice metal over there.

Blake Foster
12-22-2010, 11:50 AM

hahaha that probably suits you better anyway :_paranoid :_paranoid

JKnight
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm just a peeon like chuck so if I do go it'll be for the car show and to meet some folks!

Anyone wanna wager how long before BJ goes back to being a reserve auction? 1 year? Never?

GregWeld
12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm just a peeon like chuck so if I do go it'll be for the car show and to meet some folks!

Anyone wanna wager how long before BJ goes back to being a reserve auction? 1 year? Never?

Given the decline in the quality of cars I've seen in just the last two years.... I'd say they'd better go back to reserve THIS TIME!

LOL

REALLY.... I was MAJOR disappointed in most of the crap they had to offer last year.

MarkM66
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM

As long as they keep getting consignors, I doubt it's even a consideration.

BJ LV had a lot more cars this year then last year. We'll have to wait to see how many they book for Scottsdale compared to last year.

Since they recently added Orange Co. I would think they would just drop an event before they go back to a reserve, as they hold that as they're claim to fame.

JMO. :)

GregWeld
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
There's lots of FORCED SELLERS in the market.... everyone that lost their job - spent too much on a house - used their house as a ATM to build a car etc.... once that works through the market my bet is things change. In the meantime - it's a great time to buy.

JKnight
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
As long as they keep getting consignors, I doubt it's even a consideration.

BJ LV had a lot more cars this year then last year. We'll have to wait to see how many they book for Scottsdale compared to last year.

JMO. :)

Agreed, it's not the sort of change that they are likely to make proactively. I'm sure the consignments will have to drop before they start offering reserves again, but it seems to me that may happen sooner than later.

tgvettes
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey Greg
Houstons ribs are as good as ever. I'm up for dinner if you are

Tonny

GregWeld
12-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Tonny --- You're on!

But you'll have to like pick me up in something bright red and German....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

tgvettes
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
it's a deal as long as it doesn't rain. wet roads and the GT2 doesn't go together

Tonny

GregWeld
12-24-2010, 01:19 AM
it's a deal as long as it doesn't rain. wet roads and the GT2 doesn't go together

Tonny

No problem Tonny --- We'll just go in this!:unibrow:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/gregweld/S63/photo.jpg

tgvettes
12-24-2010, 09:21 AM
is that your new wheels? E63?

GregWeld
12-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Tonny ---

2011 S63 AMG

James OLC
12-25-2010, 02:09 PM
so is it here now Greg? I thought delivery got pushed back...

GregWeld
12-25-2010, 02:31 PM
so is it here now Greg? I thought delivery got pushed back...

It's in LA and being shipped from MBZ of Beverly Hills to my dealer. Should be my house in time to drive down to BJ!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

GregWeld
12-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Okay -- so it's raining a cloudy here so we abandoned the pool....

James --

The long story is -- my dealer couldn't get a fixed delivery date earlier than March -- and was trying to "dealer trade" in the meantime. That wasn't working out. One day - Alex says - "dude!... go on line and check out some of the other big dealers..." Good advice from #1 son! So I found one at MBZ of BV.... bought it over the phone... all set -- deposit done... prepping wire transfer... long and short - it was "promised" to a regular customer the day before... it just wasn't taken off inventory the next morning when I had called them (9:00AM when they opened!).... no biggie -- they had another one coming on the 19th -- and better yet -- the one coming had the AMG Performance Package.. DONE! So just waiting for it to ship up! :woot:

RECOVERY ROOM
12-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Beat on it!!

GregWeld
12-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Beat on it!!

Tracy,

Im going to have it at RTTC and The Pozzi's have agreed to wing it and beat on it... David is going to drive it on the road course and Mary is going to wing it around the auto X.... She's agreed to only say "Stick you prissy Bit... ch!"

EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can only imagine riding in the back seat -- with a hurl bag!

tazzz2_ca
12-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Greg I'll see you out there bud..... My wife and I are coming out for the week.

xplantdad
12-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Greg and Tonny...I will be at both auctions like usual. I really enjoyed the get together we had last year.

I pick up my credentials on 1/12 (BJ) and 1/19 (R & S). I hope to see you both out there. let me know if you want to get together :cheers:

Bruce

clill
12-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Bruce..There is a auction at the Pavillions this weekend.

xplantdad
12-31-2010, 10:24 AM
What? Tell me more...

Does it have something to do with the new Car Museum that's there now?

I haven't been to Pavillions in a while...damn work keeps getting in the way! :D

GregWeld
12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
What? Tell me more...

Does it have something to do with the new Car Museum that's there now?

I haven't been to Pavillions in a while...damn work keeps getting in the way! :D

It's why Charley doesn't work. It kept interfering with his social life.
:lateral: :cheers: :woot:

GregWeld
12-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Bruce,

We'll figure out dinner or lunch one way or the other!

I kind of hate to miss those prime time hours of Friday and Saturday evenings so maybe we should / could make Thursday or Sunday?

If Charley wasn't so cheap. He'd have us all up to his super duper maximum bidder suite for lunch..... :thumbsup:

xplantdad
12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Greg...whatever works for you!:thumbsup:

kwhizz
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Greg...whatever works for you!:thumbsup:

Me Too!!!

xplantdad
12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Ken...if you haven't met Greg yet...you are in for a treat!:cheers:

GregWeld
12-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Me Too!!!

You're on!

ironworks
12-31-2010, 05:30 PM
How hard would it be to get tickets to hang out in the big shot section with you guys. I have always wanted to go look. I thought about flying over Friday at noon and maybe fly home Late Saturday night or Sunday in the early am. Since I'm not taking my Truck I guess I still a nobody.

Rodger

GregWeld
12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
How hard would it be to get tickets to hang out in the big shot section with you guys. I have always wanted to go look. I thought about flying over Friday at noon and maybe fly home Late Saturday night or Sunday in the early am. Since I'm not taking my Truck I guess I still a nobody.

Rodger

Just tell 'em you're a friend of Charley Lillard. That will get you VIP bidder passes and invites to all the best parties. :woot:

96z28ss
12-31-2010, 06:41 PM

Rodger

i thought you were going to do the Auction thing with the truck.

GregWeld
12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
i thought you were going to do the Aucion thing with the truck.

Yep! No guts no glory!

89 RS
01-02-2011, 12:51 AM
I'll be there roaming the grounds for a couple days with my dad. Visiting my in-laws the week before in Tucson, so I'm looking forward to getting to Arizona.

fesler
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
We will have a booth inside by GM stop by and say hi we will have two Camaros on display with lots of parts.

GregWeld
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
We will have a booth inside by GM stop by and say hi we will have two Camaros on display with lots of parts.

Chris! We're all staying at your house!

Oh... and using your cars to get to and from... Thanks!

EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fesler
01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
its gonna be tight and I have a Camaro so I am not sure how many people I can fit but we can put a few in the trunk.

GregWeld
01-04-2011, 12:51 AM
its gonna be tight and I have a Camaro so I am not sure how many people I can fit but we can put a few in the trunk.

I call shotgun!

:D

See ya down there Chris!

89 RS
01-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Oh... and using your cars to get to and from... Thanks!

EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's what I'm talking about!

Stuart Adams
01-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Dress warm boys and girls. As soon as the sun goes down it gets frickin cold.

Teetoe_Jones
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I call shotgun!

:D

Says the only guy on the forums that will actually fit into a Camaro trunk.

Tyler

James OLC
01-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Mary got 11 in my 2010 rental... Anything over 9 will require the hood as well...

GregWeld
01-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Says the only guy on the forums that will actually fit into a Camaro trunk.

Tyler

I know.... right!? :D

I can fit diagonally -- but the lid might not close down on my fatness!

My belly is now "longer" than my inseam. Not good... no... not good at all.

JKnight
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Prices are surprisingly strong from the few lots I've caught on TV. Lets go to our reporters on the ground....Greg, Charley?

GregWeld
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Charley has probably been here all week.... I've been doing "daughter stuff".... so only have picked up my bidder pass. Will be there all day tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. I'll also hook up with my buddies -- that bring 40 plus cars to sell and they'll give me the real scoop.

Remember -- some of the cars you think are sold - are not REAL MONEY...

I'll make it a point to post up what I find out. :cheers:

SWAPMEETCRAZY
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Charley has probably been here all week.... I've been doing "daughter stuff".... so only have picked up my bidder pass. Will be there all day tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday. I'll also hook up with my buddies -- that bring 40 plus cars to sell and they'll give me the real scoop.

I'll make it a point to post up what I find out. :cheers:

Greg , was just going to inform Roger (before i saw U had posted this) about lot 714 55 chevy bringing 143 k--wondering what his could have done??? jim

conekiller13
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Well watching last night I was thinking if I was in the market it would be a great place to buy a starter project but damn glad I'm not selling something there.

Most of what I saw looked like the sale prices barely would cover the restoration or build costs. I think I might cringe when the Roadster Shop Chevelle comes across.

JKnight
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
You're right on many examples, however it seems like the high end custom stuff is really bringing good money. I think the roadster shop 70 will do well.

I could see Milton getting involved given his recent collection liquidation.

MarkM66
01-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Well watching last night I was thinking if I was in the market it would be a great place to buy a starter project but damn glad I'm not selling something there.

Most of what I saw looked like the sale prices barely would cover the restoration or build costs. I think I might cringe when the Roadster Shop Chevelle comes across.

Here are a couple of Chevelles that might change your mind.

Check out 710.2.

Super bucks for a stock interior car with an Autozone'ed dress-up engine compartment.

708 did pretty good and it's jobber quality at best. JMO. :)

Van B
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM

. :cheers:

Finally someone living in the real world. I have watched these threads year after year and almost everyone is convinced that everything that happens there is real. I was at a luncheon once where Craig Jackson spoke. After he boasted about his 100% sales percentage in front of a room full of auction professionals, I was tempted to ask of the 100% that sell, how many really change owners. 100% sold simply means that they get paid on every car.

kennyd
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Greg , was just going to inform Roger (before i saw U had posted this) about lot 714 55 chevy bringing 143 k--wondering what his could have done??? jim

he is kicking his ass now , so are we . we had a satruday night # on the camaro and the owner got pissed about BJ not putting in the contract that the car would be inside ! so he pulled it .

MarkM66
01-21-2011, 05:17 PM
WTF?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=956.2&aid=403&pop=1

ironworks
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I knew that classic trucks were bringing good money, but had no idea it would be like this. If there an kicking my own ass smiley on here somewhere.

Van B
01-21-2011, 07:30 PM
WTF?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=956.2&aid=403&pop=1

Whatsamatter? You don't think that is twice as cool as a 66 Chevelle? :lol:

Just proves the old car biz saying. There's an ass for every seat.

70TWO NOVA
01-21-2011, 08:19 PM
i was there yesterday, pretty good show, Got to see a the Roadster Shops Challenger and Chevelle, very impressive!

SWAPMEETCRAZY
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
WTF?

Those are the ones that I'm hoping Greg can shed some light on!!! :unibrow:

Can't even come up with year -matching title!!

GregWeld
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I was in the pit quite awhile today. IMHO prices have firmed up - and certainly the "action" is FAR better and faster than last years. My buddies in the biz are happy. But remember - they buy "inventory" - so if they bought well all last year... cars that they're selling now... they're going to be happy. BUT when the prices firm or go up - they have to replace the cars the sold with more expensive inventory. Luckily -- most auctions DO NOT get BJ prices... so they can buy elsewhere - and fix 'em up etc - and sell 'em here.

However... the MOOD -- and general sense that I get - is of "things going much better". Tons of people milling about outside. Bidder pit has lots of people in it.
One thing I did notice -- the people selling gas pumps - memorabilia - etc - seem to have a lot still for sale. In years past - if you didn't get this stuff early - by Friday you were SOL if you wanted to buy something. Neon is plentiful - the good stuff is tagged SOLD... the repops - not so much. Prices on the restored pumps and antique shop equipment is still stratospheric... Not many sold tags. I think a guy can still bargain a bit - especially if it ain't sold by late Saturday afternoon. I've got my eye on a couple pieces I'd like to have - but I'm not willing to pay "BJ retail plus".

The overall quality of the cars is much improved over last year (IMHO)... lots of Corvettes for sale... nothing very special that caught my eye... Prices for the good stuff seem to be "right". Not stupid - not a bargain either... just "right".

MarkM66
01-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Whatsamatter? You don't think that is twice as cool as a 66 Chevelle? :lol:

Just proves the old car biz saying. There's an ass for every seat.

Must be the white letter tires. Awesome! :thumbsup:

MarkM66
01-22-2011, 06:07 AM
This guys must be glad he waited for Scottsdale.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1033&aid=403&pop=1

Mecum Indy May 2010; high bid $50k

Mecum St. Charles Sept. 2010: high bid $67k

garickman
01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know if the RS Performance Chevelle and Challenger sold?

Northeast Rod Run
01-22-2011, 08:42 PM
WTF?

Am I missing something:question: How, or maybe I should ask why, did that truck go for that much money?

69x22
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow Brett Michaels 69 Camaro just went for 200K, mild small block with 700R, don't even think it had AC.

bdahlg68
01-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, this is bonkers. I'm glad to see it though, as I'm building my own car. Not that I ever want to sell it, but some day you never know.

xplantdad
01-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Here are the pics that I took...also pics from my friend Rick as well!

Sorry that we missed you Greg :(

Enjoy!

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441386#Post441386

killer67
01-22-2011, 10:26 PM

I think RS Challenger went for around $160,000 - on commercial of course when it went through :rolleyes:

cmraman
01-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I think RS Challenger went for around $160,000 - on commercial of course when it went through :rolleyes:

I got a text from Phil Gerber, it did go for $160,000. Congrats guys, too bad you got robbed for airtime.

monza
01-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Greg - thanks for the informative updates.

My couch potato take is there are some good deals and the quality/ special cars are getting the high dollars they should. ie. Velocity !!!

Just now Alice Copper had a '69 PT Camaro .... looked good.

GregWeld
01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Here are the pics that I took...also pics from my friend Rick as well!

Sorry that we missed you Greg :(

Bruce ---

I've had a crazy couple of days --- so there just was no way to get something together. I ended up buying my daughter a new car while I was here -- and her boyfriend - a corner back for the Cardinals - signed a new contract - so that took one night of "celebration" (Friday night)... There's just been too much unplanned "activity" to be able to hook up with all the many wonderful people here!

I've barely spent any time at the auction! Well -- I spent enough time there today - bid on one car - and donated some on another.... but still was out of there by 6:30 this evening.

killer67
01-23-2011, 12:55 AM

RS Chevelle sold for $145,000 - 12:00 am time slot :thmbsdwn: That should have gone for more

GregWeld
01-23-2011, 08:51 AM
You've all heard the term "shoebox" when referencing a certain group of 50's cars...

WELL............

This hot collector car gives a whole new meaning to the term. I think Charley bought it to store a pair of his size 14's in.

Please forgive the nice "family photo". :lol:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/gregweld/Fun%20Fotos/IMG_0363.jpg

GregWeld
01-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Charley "made me" get in the car... Frankly -- I had plenty of room... except for the space between my belly and the steering wheel. :D

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/gregweld/Fun%20Fotos/charleycar.jpg

70rs
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Greg,
Did you see Velocity (Brett V/Ride Tech Camaro) go over the block Saturday?
I missed it.

I just looked. It sold for 170k. Nice.

coolwelder62
01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Charley "made me" get in the car... Frankly -- I had plenty of room... except for the space between my belly and the steering wheel. :D

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/gregweld/Fun%20Fotos/charleycar.jpg

When did BJ start selling scool lunch boxes.:lol: I bet Charley get's one of new Brigg's-LS.09's for it.:lol:

rocketman
01-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I thought prices this year were very moderate and lots of great deals

hifi875
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
imo the custom stuff was well bought for themost part w/a few exceptions and alot of the all original stuff was well sold

GregWeld
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Greg,
Did you see Velocity (Brett V/Ride Tech Camaro) go over the block Saturday?
I missed it. I just looked. It sold for 170k. Nice.

I did not see it actually go over.... I really didn't spend all that much time in the bid pit. I just can't sit there for hours on end. Not my cup o tea. I like to go visit my buddies... get a bit o sunshine... was shopping some neon or maybe a restored compressor etc... so walked (if you can call it that) the aisles a bit. Since I'm not shopping to add any cars to the Weld garage... it was just more fun to be moving about.

I'm happy it brought a fair price!
:cheers:

conekiller13
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Bruce ---

... I ended up buying my daughter a new car while I was here -- and her boyfriend - a corner back for the Cardinals - signed a new contract........

Sounds like Her boyfriend should have bought Her a car......

96z28ss
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Bruce ---

I've had a crazy couple of days --- so there just was no way to get something together. I ended up buying my daughter a new car while I was here -- and her boyfriend - a corner back for the Cardinals - signed a new contract - so that took one night of "celebration" (Friday night)... There's just been too much unplanned "activity" to be able to hook up with all the many wonderful people here!

I've barely spent any time at the auction! Well -- I spent enough time there today - bid on one car - and donated some on another.... but still was out of there by 6:30 this evening.

So did you get rid of her mustang?

GregWeld
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Sounds like Her boyfriend should have bought Her a car......

Dude.... It's the old -- he's getting the milk for free... :rofl:

GregWeld
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
So did you get rid of her mustang?

Yes -- her friend and neighbor wanted it and had the cash in hand... sold it to him for what the trade in value was. Worked out super sweet. Funny part -- I own two garages at the condo and only use one - he's been parking in the other for months... so now she gets to see her "first car" everyday even though it's "long gone".

Her new little car is super sweet and just a better overall solution for down here.

89 RS
01-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Greg, I saw your post in the Velocity thread and I thought you said it best about Barrett-Jackson being a car show essentially and just going to hang out. I've gone four years in a row my dad, and we have a great time. My dad still lives in Iowa so we don't see each other all the time like we did before I finished college, so Barrett-Jackson is one time a year where we go for 4 days to Phoenix and just hang out while checking out some sweet cars. Great time for both of us. I will also add that I got to meet Bret Michaels this year so that was pretty cool.

GregWeld
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Greg, I saw your post in the Velocity thread and I thought you said it best about Barrett-Jackson being a car show essentially and just going to hang out. I've gone four years in a row my dad, and we have a great time. My dad still lives in Iowa so we don't see each other all the time like we did before I finished college, so Barrett-Jackson is one time a year where we go for 4 days to Phoenix and just hang out while checking out some sweet cars. Great time for both of us. I will also add that I got to meet Bret Michaels this year so that was pretty cool.

THank you. I wasn't trying to be preachy or sound like I know more than someone else does -- these are just my observations over a long time of going to auctions and having buddies in the biz. I have three friends that brought about 70 of the cars you watched at BJ this last week. They are close friends and we talk about this kind of stuff all the time. They do this for a living. They've taught me a few things - and their observations are valued by me. I was trying just to share that.

BJ is a must do for anyone IMHO. It's as much of a hoot as SEMA. It's every bit as much of a car show... and it's every bit as much of a social event. I'm not an "auction guy" but this event is a good one for car guys. Period. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - and with your Dad it's even better. My gear head daughter was with me for a large part of this event... and it's really fun to spend time enjoying this kind of stuff with the ones you love.

89 RS
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
THank you. I wasn't trying to be preachy or sound like I know more than someone else does -- these are just my observations over a long time of going to auctions and having buddies in the biz. I have three friends that brought about 70 of the cars you watched at BJ this last week. They are close friends and we talk about this kind of stuff all the time. They do this for a living. They've taught me a few things - and their observations are valued by me. I was trying just to share that.

BJ is a must do for anyone IMHO. It's as much of a hoot as SEMA. It's every bit as much of a car show... and it's every bit as much of a social event. I'm not an "auction guy" but this event is a good one for car guys. Period. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - and with your Dad it's even better. My gear head daughter was with me for a large part of this event... and it's really fun to spend time enjoying this kind of stuff with the ones you love.

Well said. :cheers:
SEMA is on my to do list, just don't know how or when. I think it would be a blast though.

waynieZ
01-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Greg you want to hear something. As long as I've know about SEMA and B-J I've wanted to go. My daughter was a traveling nurse and of course she was in Arizona for a year. I couldn't get off from work at the time so she went to B-J and razzed me with pictures and sent me a shirt with a little note to bust my chops.. Thats as close as I've gotten to it so far.

GregWeld
01-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Greg you want to hear something. As long as I've know about SEMA and B-J I've wanted to go. My daughter was a traveling nurse and of course she was in Arizona for a year. I couldn't get off from work at the time so she went to B-J and razzed me with pictures and sent me a shirt with a little note to bust my chops.. Thats as close as I've gotten to it so far.

I like her style!!