PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1965 Mustang FB Basket Case Project

Mean 69
12-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Time to part ways with a project that I started about ten years ago, but will never finish. 1965 Mustang FB, was a complete vehicle when purchased though not running. Very solid main structure is well worth saving/restoring, would also make a perfect track car project. I have about 20 pictures of all of the parts that are included with the shell, as well as several shots of the body itself. Body is on a sturdy cart that is easy to wheel around and can be trailered on a flat floored trailer.

Many repop parts included in the sale, such as new fenders, bumpers, front and rear window chrome, side mirrors, master body fastener kit, door locks, trim pieces, etc. Floors on car have been replaced, and through-floor subframe connectors along with cross bracing have been installed. Car was sent to a hack body shop where I got taken to the cleaners prior to their going out of business, and needs some re-do of previous work. Some good work started, such as new rad core support and rear tail light panel installed, but the car really needs new quarters installed if a restoration is desired. Front frame area/shock towers all look great, unhit, etc. Roof, A and B pillar areas all look great and are solid. Has a complete hack job roll cage that will be easy to remove from car.

Understanding the economy these days, and not really knowing what such a project should bring, I will put a price of $5k for all as a place to start discussions. I am open to reasonable offers. Would also consider trading "up" to a 1968 - 72 CONVERTIBLE, NON-NUMBERS Corvette, driver quality or complete project.

Car can be seen in San Marcos, CA during normal business hours. Please PM me with a good e-mail address that I can send the pic's of all part to, and also please be a bit patient. Lots going on in life right now including a job change in the near future.

Thanks,
Mark

Vince@Meanstreets
12-01-2010, 10:11 PM
do you have title Mark?

good luck with the sale.

Matt@BOS
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Tempting. Chris told me I should buy it off you when I brought up building a Mustang last month. Could one of your 3 links floating around BOS be adapted to fit?

Matt

Mean 69
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey guys!

Title? Yep, I have it. Not in my name though, and not a California title but it is clear and should be NO problem to register in any state, even the Republik of Kalifornia.

Matt, yes, we could easily do a one-off 3-Link for the car, in fact that would be a very compelling little project. Would become a one of a kind car, and with the light weight of the Mustangs, it would perform exceedingly well. Drop a toasty little LS engine in it to piss off the Ford crazies, and get ready to take down names. By the way, I saw your car again yesterday, man that thing looks fantastic. Nice to see the guys got the engine tune sorted, now go have fun with it!

Cheers,
Mark

Bowtieracing
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Mark, PM send!

Mean 69
12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Welp, thanks for all of the interest in the car, but alas. It is SOLD. Faster than I would have thought, and a lot more interest than I would have guessed. Thanks for the interest, folks, and Happy Holidays!!!

Mark

Matt@BOS
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey guys!

Title? Yep, I have it. Not in my name though, and not a California title but it is clear and should be NO problem to register in any state, even the Republik of Kalifornia.

Matt, yes, we could easily do a one-off 3-Link for the car, in fact that would be a very compelling little project. Would become a one of a kind car, and with the light weight of the Mustangs, it would perform exceedingly well. Drop a toasty little LS engine in it to piss off the Ford crazies, and get ready to take down names. By the way, I saw your car again yesterday, man that thing looks fantastic. Nice to see the guys got the engine tune sorted, now go have fun with it!

Cheers,
Mark
Congrats on the sale Mark :unibrow:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Toss in a 3-link, throw on some fender flares, wide tires on all four corners and styling reminiscent of a GT350 and a person could have a pretty cool car. Oh, and a supercharged 5.0 Mod motor, because they just sound cooler than LS engines.

I really hope the people who bought it will do something like that.

Matt

Mean 69
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a good feeling that the car will get the appropriate treatment from the new owner, so it was a positive sale. I had always ben a fan of the high reving old school 289 SBF's and originally wanted to do something along those lines. Hearing a real Shelby GT-350 wind it up on teh race track is one of the sweetest sounds imaginable. The newer Ford mills are also damn impressive, I don't think one would go wrong that way either!

Cheers,
Mark