PDA

View Full Version : Working on projects

MarkM66
01-20-2005, 01:43 PM
You guys that are working on a project car right now. How often do you work on it? On average?

I try to put a few hours in on mine every night, and at least a full day on the weekends. But sometimes I don't manage that, due to other things that need to be done. But I really want to get this thing done by the end of June. At the latest.

Just wondering. :)

DCreations
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I spend about 10 hours a week on it. Its hard when you have a wife that hates your car :mad:

Ummgawa
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Lately I haven't gotten a darn thing done!! I have spend two weeks cleaning up my dang garage and moving cars and sorting parts and freezin my Butt off. In the last two weeks I have gotten zero done to the heap. Nuttin Nadda Zip. I don't know what i was thinkin 20 years ago when I decided I could be a Car Guy and have a family that "Understood". I'm going to day and find a pot bellied stove or a wood heater or a LP heater so I can work in my Garage. Man this is gettin old... :rolleyes:

F70t/a I feel your pain.

MarkM66
01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Jim,

Not sure how big your work area is. But I just use one of the propane tank type heaters. I think it's a 20,000 BTU version, but I could be way off, I'd have to double check. I work in a 3 car garage, and it heats it up rather quickly. Tank last pretty long too. :thumbsup:

If your family members don't like you working on the car. Just tell them, the more you work on it, the faster it'll get done, :D .

XcYZ
01-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Same here, Jim, I've been pretty busy with projects other than the car. I'm doing a few websites now and with a baby on the way, time goes way too fast. I did, however, make some phone calls to a couple vendors today, so I should be getting back on the car again soon.

How cold can it be in Georgia? :P Mark's idea is a popular one, I know several guys that use that for heat in their garages that don't have permanent heaters.

Ummgawa
01-20-2005, 03:48 PM
27 degrees this week!! I am going to get a LP gas heater and give that a try. I have a 1400 sq foot garage. It is like a womans pocket book. No matter the size , its full. Cept mine doesn't have "White Owls" in it. :D

67Sally
01-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Same here, Jim, I've been pretty busy with projects other than the car. I'm doing a few websites now and with a baby on the way, time goes way too fast. I did, however, make some phone calls to a couple vendors today, so I should be getting back on the car again soon......

I am in the same boat. With two little ones under 3 yrs old it certainly changes the equation. My #2 (Sam) will be 1 year in Feb and I am hoping to be able to spend some more time on the Mustang now; but it is tough...........and I wouldn't change a thing. #1 (Charlotte (3yrs)) has started to point out every red car with white stripes and call it "daddy's car" and that is very motivating.

Rick Dorion
01-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I might get 10 hrs a week in on average on a good week. Usually after/before dinner I'll go to the garage and try to do one item and keep chipping away at the never-ending list. Then again, I lost three weeks needing to do household stuff. It's a balance. I'm looking forward to the paint and body work next winter when someone else can focus on it and I can 'drop in' 10 hours a week!

Musclerodz
01-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Right now I am at the mercy of someone else having my car. The major body mod work is finished and we are down to the details. Body has been gone 8 months now. I hope to have it home next month so I can work on it and not pay someone else. As soon as it is home I will be working on it every night the wife is away at work.

Mike

Pro T Mustang
01-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I may 10 or 12 hrs week more on the wekends.I have been moving in my new shop,no lights yet and its COLD!! I spent all day Saturday reinstalling a new 6 speed in my Chopper and getting it clean again...I hate cleaning chrome :D

MarkM66
01-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Pro T,

Nice Avatar. :D

That was my favorite pic out of the bunch too. :thumbsup:

Pro T Mustang
01-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks,yeah shes my kind of woman :yes:

Y-TRY
01-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Once UPS shows up, I work like mad to get the new stuff on the car. Then I sit and wait until I've saved enough again to get the next part ordered. Then the process goes over again. This continues all the way down the list of stuff I need. There's usually a big gap between parts since I have to replenish my savings again. If you're poor it helps to be patient.

Musclerodz
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm poor and have no patience. Just eat more Roman noodles so the car parts can flow faster. :D

Mike

MaxHarvard
01-25-2005, 09:25 AM
With my car not here, i dont have much to do on my car... although i have a ton of parts waiting to be put in.

Not much i can do, just minor cosmetic stuff to the parts i do have.