PDA

View Full Version : Kinda quiet in here today...

XcYZ
01-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Pretty quiet in here today, I know it's a boring time of year. Well, at least in Minnesota it is.

Kris Horton
01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
*Runs through webpage screamin*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

You're right. It's slow. :evil:

Time for some :drama:

Or not. Back to work I go.

Kris

Ricochet
01-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I have to admit I have been on the quiet side lately. (Your e-mail inbox will vouch for that Scott!!) Have a lot going on right now. Hopefully be back in full swing once the baby gets here & the honey do list is closer to completion!! :rolleyes: Aklthough I think I'm my worst enemy when it comes to that list!!

Payton King
01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I have not had anything good to say so I have just been lurking around. The sad thing is I have finally decided on all of the things that I want on the car...so I am out of questions. Still a few weeks away from any meaningful pics. I knew that I would get to this point eventually.

Ummgawa
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Same here. Freezin cold (Not like Embarrass, MN.) but cold enough to not be able to work in my garage. Bummer

BC69
01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
First day back for classes, didnt got too well.
Somehow got up, dressed, ate, went to main campus, got to class...before I realized I was an hour early!
I have classes 10-11-12 and the 10 and 11 got out early, so killing time around campus with nothing to do and not enough time to go back to dorm...boring.
Had to go pick up an addition book for one class...have already spent 450$ on books, I get it, go up to pay. Its this little paperback book...seriously small...and was a used copy...55$!
So theres my wonderful day!

Plus its 4 degrees and snowing.

Tim

Y-TRY
01-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Ya'll have terrible weather! It's 65 and sunny here in Texas. What have I done to enjoy the weather? Leaned over a 2000-degree engine bay trying to get this stupid thing tuned, of course!!

Well, I've gotta leave now for my jaunt through the hills and curves while the sun is setting! Love these cars.

c.schulz
01-19-2005, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Y-TRY]Ya'll have terrible weather! It's 65 and sunny here in Texas.

Send some of that sunny weather up here to mich. Sure could use it.
Chris

Stuart Adams
01-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Been laying low, drove my car yesterday, 75 degress, and got the speedo dialed in, traction bars tightened and quiet, pinion seal replaced, and put a few miles on. Fun day, just dodging snowbirds!! :thumbsup:

XcYZ
01-19-2005, 08:28 PM
So how does it drive, Stuart? How are the manners with the tune that FAST gave it?

Stuart Adams
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Ironic that Dave Henniger from FAST called me yesterday after I drove the car, (He flies into Havasu a couple times a year to tune some special boats). Very knowledgable and great guy. I wish I knew a fraction of what he knows about fuel injection. The tune seems excellent, no glitches or weird areas in the RPM band. The car ran great and all the gauges were where they should read. Still getting used to the clutch. The car felt very fast from 20 to 100 ( I was not going to push it), better handling than the 68 and overall was a fun day. The battery worked!!!!!!

camcojb
01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Ironic that Dave Henniger from FAST called me yesterday after I drove the car, (He flies into Havasu a couple times a year to tune some special boats). Very knowledgable and great guy. I wish I knew a fraction of what he knows about fuel injection. The tune seems excellent, no glitches or weird areas in the RPM band. The car ran great and all the gauges were where they should read. Still getting used to the clutch. The car felt very fast from 20 to 100 ( I was not going to push it), better handling than the 68 and overall was a fun day. The battery worked!!!!!!

Cool!

Jody

Musclerodz
01-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Stuart, what clutch do you have in the car and what is the characteristics of it. Your 69 is one nice looking ride as well. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Mike

V-MA70
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
In fact I come here everyday to check the new post :D Even if i'm not restoring the chevelle, all your knowledge will surely help me in automotive work, and for turbo tuning on the supra :yes:

XcYZ
01-20-2005, 07:47 AM
That's awesome, Stuart. I wonder what the deal was with the battery?

birdman3r
01-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Had to go pick up an addition book for one class...have already spent 450$ on books, I get it, go up to pay. Its this little paperback book...seriously small...and was a used copy...55$!
So theres my wonderful day!

Tim

Tim, I feel ya. I averaged $350 a quarter on books in school. The most ridiculous is when you show up to the first day of class with the required books on the syllabus, and the prof has written a new book, which they make you buy as well. Nothin like shellin out dough to pad the pockets of some pompous prof, huh :mad:
Of course, then you take the books back at the end of the quarter, and they give you 20% of what you paid to buy it. Wonderful

Ryan

Ricochet
01-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Stuart-

I'm glad to hear it runs as good as it looks!! It doesn't surprise me though!! AWESOME car!! Glad to hear you got things figured out with the battery. What did you do, put a diehard in it!! LOL!! :D It's just one of those unanswered problems I guess. Although I think we found it ironic where it happened. Kinda funny!

Brent

Stuart Adams
01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Mike, Jody would probably be able to give us exact details of the clutch, my info is at home. Jody, three of my friends in Havasu want to know the specs of the motor, you da man!! These old farts want one like it, man this power thing is addicting, huh. Ten years from now 1000hp will probably be a starting point!!!

The battery being dead at the Optima booth and not being able to show Scott and Jody the front electric headlight doors in action was really weird - maybe an inside job, if you know what I mean!!!

Scott, I did take the video last month of the headlight actuators in action, but felt there was not much to see other than the doors opening and closing -if you want the video anyway I will send it to ya.

Brent - Die Hard - good one!!!LOL. Should have been, huh. Getting excited for the little one I bet.

XcYZ
01-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Funny you should mention 1,000hp. ;)

Sure, I'd love to see how they work, but if you're going to send me the tape, you might as well get some extra footage and I'll post it here. :D

Ummgawa
01-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Stuart

I'm interested in the actuators on your 69. If you have a video of the mechinism, Lets see it!! Is there a seperate switch or is it actuated by the headlight switch? Just wondering...

Stuart Adams
01-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll try and get out this weekend for a taped drive.

jonny51
01-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Stuart,if you know an "old fart" who wants to buy a new unused aluminum 540 let me know.I am thinking about selling mine,its all new never even assembeld.

Stuart Adams
01-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Jim they run off the regular headlight switch.
Scott, the 1000hp was just thrown out there, my car makes much less. No matter, it never feels like enough. Heck the 69 ZL1 cars were considered beasts back in the day, today little ricers would blow their doors off. Charley's MB has gobs of hp and its stock!! Amazing cars today that will be slugs in 10 years!!!!