PDA

View Full Version : "Correct"pedal positions for high performance driving??

Bowtieracing
01-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Is there any "general rule" for correct pedal positions for high performance driving? Should i just try to set em close to factory setting ( pedal heights from floor) or just try to find out it by driving it?

sinned
01-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Obviously you want the throttle and brake pedals very close to each other and the throttle pedal height at idle to be fairly equal to the brake pedal height during a moderate stop. This will make heel/toe driving much easier. If the throttle pedal is too high or too low it will make getting your foot over to it uncomfortable at best. Clutch pedal is not a real issue, I suggest a little ways away from the brake to prevent accidental engagement.

To the best of my knowledge Mazda is the only company who actually gives thought to heel/toe driving when designing the pedal placement so I doubt the OE placement would be better than anywhere you decided to put them.

If this is an automatic…disregard all of it and put them wherever you want, it really doesn’t matter.

ProStreet R/T
01-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Look at a lambo, and do the exact opposite :lol: Those things are freakin horrible. Honestly it's a lot of personal preference and ergonomics. I don't like a lot of brake pedal travel at all so tend to set it a little lower, so under a hard stop I can bump the throttle about 1/4-1/2 open very easily.

Are you using a nice adjustable setup or is this a once it's done thats its configuration?

Damn True
01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Assuming you have something like ohhhhh a '68 Camaro..... Would it be at all unsafe to heat and bend the brake pedal arm to get it in the correct position? Are those things heat treated or anything?