PDA

View Full Version : anybody run an electric brake vacuum pump

BeCool68
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Recently purchased and instsalled a SSBC electric vacuum brake pump, wanted to see what your thoughts are on these pumps?

Thanks Greg

GregWeld
10-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Greg

I used to run one --- to power up my vacuum power brake booster. I had a reservoir as well which was hooked up to the vac pump of course....

I will say these things are noisy -- and they run A LOT....

It drove me nuts -- even over my loud Flowmaster 40's --- so I finally ditched the whole system and went with a Wilwood manual master.

Racecraft
10-25-2010, 02:48 AM
I had one on my street/strip car. It was mainly for the strip though (cam was 290 deg @50", so no vacuum).

It worked great.

It would be too noisy to put up with on a daily driver and I reckon it would work pretty hard in road/road race conditions.

ProTouring442
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
I believe there are some OEM Vacuum pumps that would be a lot less noisy.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

BeCool68
10-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Greg

I used to run one --- to power up my vacuum power brake booster. I had a reservoir as well which was hooked up to the vac pump of course....

I will say these things are noisy -- and they run A LOT....

It drove me nuts -- even over my loud Flowmaster 40's --- so I finally ditched the whole system and went with a Wilwood manual master.

thanks Greg for the feedback, I drove around the car yesterday, it is noisy but seems to work well. Just wanted to see how well they work or if anyone had any issues with them? thanks

BeCool68
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I had one on my street/strip car. It was mainly for the strip though (cam was 290 deg @50", so no vacuum).

It worked great.

It would be too noisy to put up with on a daily driver and I reckon it would work pretty hard in road/road race conditions.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked well. My brakes work great, just wanted to make sure they last.