PDA

View Full Version : decisions on the unisteer r&p dse 600 the flaming river box or the afx 670

importkiller69ss
01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
i have heard nothin but good things about both the r&p and the dse box. i know the box is a little more reasonable on price for me being only 19 but does anyone have any info and the afx 670 box. i heard it was killer and cheaper than dse but have no price or info or anything.. and how would these 2 boxes fit compared to stock which has one of my header tubed dimpled. are they smaller. and do they really feel like the rack

wickedmotorhead
01-05-2006, 02:28 AM
Our boxes are spec'd out by Tom Lee of Lee MFG. Tom Lee has been working with steering boxes since 1967. He's the guy that was building 100% of all Nascar steering boxes back in 1989. Well, Lee basically took an OE box to Delphi with some engineers to build a box that could be retrofitted to the early style bolt pattern and spline since it had the rack and pinion valve technology. This was accomplished and nascar along with the aftermarket had a better feeling box that could be bought new and the old worn boxes no longer had to be rebuilt. This was the birth of the 600 series boxes or more particularily 670 which refers to the bore size in mm. This is NOT an OE available box but originated from one.

Our boxes are built specifically for us with Lee's recommended valving based on his extensive experience. Each box is a brand new box REBUILT not just sold as is from Delphi (of which he has returned many). They are initially built on an union run assembly line quickly, which is unsatifactory for Lee. Each one is completely taken apart, re-honed, blueprinted, dynoed, cleaned, and finished in a nice zinc plating. These are not like the AGR boxes that are rebuilt used boxes. These are race proven precision boxes.

The other features are the same as the DSE box.
12.7:1 Steering ratio
6 lbs lighter than stock
will require a 30-3/4" spline rag joint for the factory steering column (we offer for $79)
Accepts factory power pitman arm (can provide as well for $59)
Our boxes come electro-plated and brand new for $515.

600 series boxes are basically dimensionally the same as the factory box in the areas you are talking about as far as header clearance.

Please give me or Tyler a call if you have any further questions.

Shane

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/751/0104060063jq.th.jpg (http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0104060063jq.jpg)

importkiller69ss
01-05-2006, 09:09 AM
what is a number that i can call you at and is there a waiting list on it or anything. let me know i am very interested

TravisB
01-05-2006, 09:22 AM
www.t56kit.com
phone: (702) 245-6305
fax: (702) 451-0032