PDA

View Full Version : Scott - Too many ads?

Ron in SoCal
09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Scott - I vote for one ad per vendor per week...

Mikael A
10-01-2010, 06:21 PM
It is not that bad,Its only Pick a part for the most part. But he has some good stuff now and then.

Matt@BOS
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I think Ron is referring to this page in particular: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/forumdisplay.php4?f=17

Matt

camcojb
10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I think Ron is referring to this page in particular: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/forumdisplay.php4?f=17

Mattbut that's where they belong. We don't want to see it in the regular forum areas but the vendor special section is where they can list all their specials and discounts.

I wonder if this is the section Ron was referring to or if he was thinking of something else. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Jody

Van B
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I usually use the "new posts" button above. Some days it seems like a lot of ads but it is not that hard to just look past them. There might be something I am looking for in them some day.

Ron in SoCal
10-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks you guys. You all above are correct. I also use the new posts, and got the advertising blast results the day I wrote it. Further, there's nothing wrong with members getting good deals, right? I spoke to Scott about it and the vendor area is the appropriate spot.

The bigger issue we discussed was vendor hawking. I put it on the table and now it's up to the mods to decide what's the proper protocol. Ultimately it'll work itself out....

tmadden
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the ads pay for this great site that we all enjoy for free. Usually you would have to pay a monthly fee for all the advice and info downloaded from a site like this not to mention the free consulting you get from guys like Frank, Rupp, Scott, and the list goes on and on. The inconvenience of the adds is fine by me. Just keep sharing info and pics. Amen!!

frankv11
01-02-2011, 08:29 PM
well at least we dont have to buy a car magazine to find out what parts / upgrades .etc.... available for our cars

keep the adds coming