PDA

View Full Version : January 06 Feature: Bill Howell's 65 GTO

XcYZ
12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Check out the Lateral-g January Feature, Bill Howell's 65 GTO. I got a chance to check it out in person at SEMA and it's a bitchin ride. :thumbsup: Pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks Bill! I want a ride. :yes:

www.lateral-g.net/members/howell

http://www.lateral-g.net/Jan_feat.jpg (http://www.lateral-g.net/members/howell)

I know this is a bit early, but because of schedules, I had to pull the trigger a day early.

mazspeed
12-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Nice car, and I doubt you want to try and post anything with a New Years hang over. :thumbsup:

ProdigyCustoms
12-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, it's OK.

Prodigy Customs (http://www.prodigycustoms.com)

Musclerodz
12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
congrats bill. I wish I had not missed my opportunity to see it on your way to SEMA but hopefully I will get another chance later this year.

Mike

jimhamptons
12-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Great Car!

jonny51
12-30-2005, 08:29 PM
MMMM Pretty :D

Nice to see a Poncho with the PT treatment!

Bill I know you know that means Poser Touring :lol:

Ricochet
12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Car looks great Bill. Congrats on the successful debut at SEMA. Look forward to seeing the feature on it in PHR.

Steve1968LS2
12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
But it's not January yet.. lol

And if you can't get enough of Bills car you can catch it on the cover of the new March PHR.. just now hitting newstands..

Congrats to Billy and his goat ;)

zbugger
12-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Awesome Bill, but one question.... Are you asleep behind the wheel in this picture?

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/howell/howell_gto%20(6).jpg

ProdigyCustoms
12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
No, he is trying to look through the windsield instead of over it. Why, got a problem with it? LOL!

Stuart Adams
12-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Good job Bill. Really enjoyed seeing the car at SEMA.

67Sally
12-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Awesome Bill, but one question.... Are you asleep behind the wheel in this picture?

Bill is just posing.
W.

Bill Howell
12-31-2005, 10:19 AM
That's right W. I was just Posing in the car in front of my house. How ya'll like my house? You know I do live in East Tennessee. If you got it, flaunt it. :D
That is actually a 100 year old home close to me that someone has started to redo.
Scott, Thanks so much for the opportunity to have my car featured. It is truely a honor for me to be added to such an elite bunch of cars.
Last night, Melinda and I drove the car over to West Knoxville for a get together with a local forum. The car performed flawlessly and was a blast on the 100 or so mile round trip. The only problem was the rain on the way home. However, I got soap and water, and it will be clean again. I know now though that it will be fine in the rain, so bring it on, I am ready for the Power Tour.
Steve, Cover Car? I had heard rumors, but now I guess you have confirmed it! :thumbsup:
Someone may have to hit my swollen head with a baseball bat, Lateral-g and PHR coverage in the same month.
Thanks so much everyone for the nice comments. Free rides and drives for anyone who wants. The car is a hoot to drive and I certainly don't mind letting anyone drive it. One thing, I get shotgun. :D

camcojb
12-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Awesome Bill! :thumbsup: I'll go for the free drive. :unibrow:

Jody

69rs
01-01-2006, 12:26 AM
I don't remember the driving offer when I was around! :_paranoid
Seriously, this car is awesome in person! I was around it for several days in Daytona and it draws a crowd! People had so many questions that Bill had to take a break and get away from the car now and then. It was fun to stand near Billygoat as people looked over it and talked about it.
Congrats Bill! Also congrats to Frank and the gang at Prodigy Customs! Good job! :thumbsup:

Wild_Ron
01-01-2006, 07:46 PM
car looks great bill.glad you and the BOSS made out friday night.pitures do not do justice for this car at all.i'll remember that offer to drive the when i see you in the next week or two.i'll drive it like it was my own :eek: still can't beleive li didn't show and clean it for ya

Roger Poirier
01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Free rides and drives for anyone who wants. The car is a hoot to drive and I certainly don't mind letting anyone drive it. One thing, I get shotgun. :D

How do you like that super charger? Nothing like instant power. A combo of things make this car, not just one thing in particular with most cars. Lets start with the interior. Gives it a modern day look, the gray is soft on the eyes and I'm sure its safer with a shoulder harness. Paint sceme and color really brings out the character of the car. Plus the wheels, yeah baby, makes it look like it screams. I would think seeing this car in person, you would find all kinds of additional details.

Very, very, very nice. Top shelf!

R.P.

hotwheels
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Congrats on featured ride, that is one beautiful ride...... :thumbsup:

hotwheels

ProdigyCustoms
01-01-2006, 08:31 PM
How do you like that super charger. Nothing like instant power? A combo of things make this car, not just one thing in particular with most cars. Lets start with the interior. Gives it a modern day look, the gray is soft on the eyes and I'm sure its safer with a shoulder harness. Paint sceme and color really brings out the character of the car. Plus the wheels, yeah baby, makes it look like it screams.

Very, very, very nice. Top shelf!

R.P.

Yeah, it is kind of a funny, the interior is probably one of my favorite parts of the car, but I have heat with the interior guy right now. The interior is idea I threw at Bill, we had the Aurora seats there that Jagarang had bought for the Firebird, but were way to big for a F body. I was sure we would be able to fit the rear seat, which i think really sets this off from just throwing a set of front seats in it. Bill had the idea of using the stock GTO pattern which worked out fantastic because many immediately recognize this little detail. Then I worked in two tone interior to follow the exterior two tone, and carbon fibre in silver to break the two tone to replace all the cast chrome. When all was done, the interior is a real feature. Now to rerally finish the interior, we got him set up with a booming stereo sponsorship from Audiobahn. Just imagine ole Bill ridin around in the luxurious interior, top down, bangin a few thousand watts to some Jay Z, P Diddy, Snoop Dog and the likes? I think you can arrested in Pigeon Forge Tennessee for that!

Bill Howell
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Just imagine ole Bill ridin around in the luxurious interior, top down, bangin a few thousand watts to some Jay Z, P Diddy, Snoop Dog and the likes? I think you can arrested in Pigeon Forge Tennessee for that!

WORD!!!! :rofl:
I got to be careful playing a little Allman Brothers around here, let alone any of the above mentioned artists. It would truely be "Hammertime"!
On the other hand, I could crank it up and get away with the loudness, if I could stomach say Dolly Parton or George Jones. :faint:

zbugger
01-02-2006, 01:48 AM
The car is a hoot to drive and I certainly don't mind letting anyone drive it.

Are you sure? It doesn't have racing harnesses. Otherwise I'd be over there in a heartbeat. You'll notice from SEMA that I don't just hop into posermobiles.... :P

One thing, I get shotgun. :D

Don't you mean "I got A shotgun"? :willy:

69MyWay
01-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Bill is a great guy with an awesome car. I enjoyed seeing the car at the Daytona Turkey Rod Run. There was a non-stop crowd hovering around his machine all day! I think he could have charged admission just to see his ride! That boosted LSx motor is smooth as glass purring away under the hood. The wheels are such a perfect match to the car.

This is one of those cars that you take your time looking at it, you walk away, come back, looks some more, think it over, walk away, come back...and still find new and interesting details. Prodigy Customs really stepped up. The color, the fit, finish, and final execution of the whole project is outstanding.

trapin
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Aw c'mon Scott!

I can't believe you'd give this "poser" the attention.

Really.....the nerve. Throw em outta here.

:lolhit:

sam1
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Nice car Bill! (that driveway looks familiar in the before shots).

Bill Howell
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
LOL John. For those that do not know, John sold me the car. It was a very nice piece to start with. The only rust on the body was in the floorpan which was repairable to me but Frank, being the perfectionist he is, would not have it. He cut it out and replaced it, the way it should be. The car had been in a garage in Dallas since 1980 with fresh paint. Just a great barn find. Anyone looking for a good rust free ride may want to give John a pm. He has sold me two cars now and is looking for a third one. :thumbsup:

69Nova
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I agree with 69MyWay Bill is a great guy with a awsome car.

Oh and Bill I want my ride next time your down in daytona.

Streetking
01-11-2006, 11:34 PM

No, he dropped a french fry.. :D

Congrats Bill,, it looks great!!

SW

Roger Poirier
01-13-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm still waiting for my PHR copy. Oh well I will just have to keep dreaming.

Ummgawa
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM

Nah..he's thinkin about the Goat from the rear and checkin his lumber. :rofl:

Awesome car Bill...My first car was a 65 Goat, Red, 389 Tri-power 4 speed.

Stuart Adams
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
:lol: :lol:

Bill Howell
01-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Nah..he's thinkin about the Goat from the rear and checkin his lumber. :rofl:

Yeah, such a curse to be a "BIG BOY"! Oh well, we all have our own cross to bear. :rofl: :rofl: