PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to the guys at Lateral Dynamics..

Steve1968LS2
12-29-2005, 11:36 PM
For driving 90 miles down here to haul Penny to her new temporary home at the paint shop.

Mark and Katz went above and beyond and Mark wouldn't even take gas money.. I tell my wife all the time that "car guys" are the best people around and things like this just proves me right. Thanks guys!

Mark and Katz also showed me some stuff they are working on.. I am sworn to secrecy but all I can say is holy crap.. they have some bad azz stuff in the works. Thanks again guys..

You guys diggin on Penny's new 4x4 look??

XcYZ
12-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Sweetness. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

mazspeed
12-30-2005, 12:50 AM
What color are you painting it Steve? Looking though your site I saw that it has straight through exhaust. Straight as in under the rear end. Any performance advantages of that?

Mike

Steve1968LS2
12-30-2005, 10:12 AM
What color are you painting it Steve? Looking though your site I saw that it has straight through exhaust. Straight as in under the rear end. Any performance advantages of that?

Mike

The car is not getting painted.. just the firewall and inner fenders (body color).. oh and the new hood is getting painted. The cars paint is great!

Well, I am sure it is a very unrestrictive path but mostly it just looks cool. I will retain the same exhaust system complete with oval tubing and NASCAR tips.

Mean 69
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm just glad it went on a diet before the three of us had to push it onto the trailer! It is a really pretty car, and the changes that Steve is making to it will make it a pretty good handling car too. Should be a winner when done, and it is in very good hands for now.

M

P.S: Man, that looks like a cooll Mopar project underway in the background, I wonder what that thing is going to be about when it's done this Spring? ;)

Payton King
12-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Do you have the new subframe under the car? Are Mark and Katz going to hit you with their new 3 link?

TravisB
12-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Do you have the new subframe under the car? Are Mark and Katz going to hit you with their new 3 link?

I asked the same hting over on pt-.com no response....maybe there hiding something!

Steve1968LS2
12-30-2005, 12:01 PM

Not yet.. the plan is to pull the front sheet metal, do the firewall, mod that trans tunnel, bolt in the new 21st Century Sub, install LS2/T56, get it running, rehang the front sheet metal, rework the 4-link at lateral dynamics.

ATS will be installing the LS2 and T56 using thier T56 kit. I will also be using thier oil pan and a new fuel cell from Ricks Hot Rods.

Next year I would like to install the three-link. For the story it make more sense to see how good we can make the 4-link work and it lets us talk about the difference between a drag race 4-link and a road race 4-link.

Steve1968LS2
12-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I asked the same hting over on pt-.com no response....maybe there hiding something!

I think the only hiding is whats going on with that Mopar in the background.. lol

TravisB
12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I think the only hiding is whats going on with that Mopar in the background.. lol

:_paranoid :_paranoid .......lol

Steve1968LS2
12-30-2005, 12:37 PM
:_paranoid :_paranoid .......lol

What's that in the trunk.. hmmmm :unibrow: