PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these wheels?

D Stroud
12-29-2005, 05:05 PM
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.c.ang.jpg

The price is hard to beat!

cool cheap wheels (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.c.ang.jpg)

I'm thinkin serious about a set of these in 17x9 and 18x9 in the polished version for my wagon. For that price I could move a little of my budget over to the suspension and brakes.

XcYZ
12-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Is that the HotWheels logo in the center cap?

Derek69SS
12-29-2005, 07:06 PM
No Scott, it's Infinity Tattoos ;) (bad joke for the Rochester locals :_paranoid )

Those are cool. :thumbsup: They have a resemblance to the Pontiac Ralley wheel, so they'll look sweet on your wagon :cool:

race-rodz
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Is that the HotWheels logo in the center cap?

i stumbled accross these when lookin for wheels for another project, being a hot wheels kid... these immediatley gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, i WILL be putting a set of "hotwheels" wheels on something in the near future :unibrow:

Datsbad
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
IMHO, they look cheap !

4mm
12-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Compared to the high end wheels, of course they don't look as good. But for the price, I like them much better than the garden variety TT2's. IMO, they look very nice on most muscle cars, especially Chevelles and Elkys. :thumbsup:

D Stroud
12-30-2005, 06:27 AM
IMHO, they look cheap !

Uhhh, they are cheap :D

I agree with Derek that they do resemble the Pontiac 5-spoke wheel which is why they caught my eye.

And, something about the Hotwheels logo is just...well.....cool. Afterall these are just big ol toys for grown boys!

I think they would look great on my wagon.

I think I like the Polished version better.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.gbm.ang.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.p.ang.jpg

Datsbad
12-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Uhhh, they are cheap :D

I agree with Derek that they do resemble the Pontiac 5-spoke wheel which is why they caught my eye.

And, something about the Hotwheels logo is just...well.....cool. Afterall these are just big ol toys for grown boys!

I think they would look great on my wagon.

I think I like the Polished version better.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.gbm.ang.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.p.ang.jpg

for a lack of a better term i used "cheap" .
I have seen them in person and i can tell you that TT2'S are much nicer. I know eveyone has them but they are nice for the money . These "hotwheels" look like bling , blingers. not smooth . wavy finish !

if you get them , post a pic. I am sure you will be happy with them !

4mm
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
The cool thing is that you can get the painted version and powdercoat the centers any color you want (gunmetal grey :unibrow: ).

lil427z
12-31-2005, 06:44 PM
cheap **** .
rick kirkindall :)

907rs
12-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I like the black centers.

MarkM66
01-01-2006, 10:25 AM
you asked and i answered , dont bitch if you dont like the answer. It seemed as if you knew what you thought before you posted it

He didn't BITCH about your answer! He simply pointed out the obvious, that yes they are cheap! :rolleyes:

68protouring454
01-01-2006, 10:49 AM
marks got it right, i saw no bitching at all, maybe you can hook him up with one of your sets of hre's ???

Datsbad
01-01-2006, 10:55 AM
marks got it right, i saw no bitching at all, maybe you can hook him up with one of your sets of hre's ???

sure let me see what i can do . LOL,

68protouring454
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
let us kow what you work out, this site is so great, everyone helping everyone out. nice
jake

Datsbad
01-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah , lets keep it a great site . Not like that other site where everyone is up someones butt about everything they do or dont do .

68protouring454
01-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah , lets keep it a great site . Not like that other site where everyone is up someones butt about everything they do or dont do .

saw you were being a hipocrit and went back and edited post this monring, nice work, at least you are taking your own advice. thanks for editing the post.
jake

Datsbad
01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
saw you were being a hipocrit and went back and edited post this monring, nice work, at least you are taking your own advice. thanks for editing the post.
jake

yeah , i guess i need to keep my thoughts in my head sometimes and not on the board

D Stroud
01-02-2006, 08:34 AM
What did I miss?

Datsbad,

No problem dude, I wasn't bitchin bout your answer, I know they are cheap wheels, thats why I put the smiley at the end. I understand its hard to convey ones mood while typing even with the smileys, but, no hard feelings.

I'm on a low budget for this ride. I have 3 kids - 6, 5, and 4 months and am the only one working at the moment, so every little bit helps.

I have a set of concourse restored Pontiac Ralleys that I was gonna use on the wagon until I decided to do a poor mans Pro-Touring build on it. I think I could sale the Ralleys and break pretty even on a set of these Hot Wheels, which, even though they may look cheap, will still look better than the Ralleys.

I definatly didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with this board.

MarkM66
01-03-2006, 10:12 AM
I definatly didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with this board.

It's all good Stroud. :yes:

Let us know what you think of the wheels if you get them. I think they look pretty good for the price. :thumbsup:

heliarc
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey...dont ever put 1000.00 wheels on your daily driver...they look damm good ,and its an economical way to get into 17 inch tires , I think steel vintiques are around 140 ...any way im looking for 17's to put on my daily driver orig. owner 79 with 320000 miles on orig.305 ! and still runnin.

Kendall Burleson
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I like them if they come in all sizes.

ProdigyCustoms
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I have customer that took off his TT2s and put these on. He has young boys (maybe 4 and 6?), so I guess I understand, but if it were me, I would put the TT2s back on!

FLYNLOW
01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
They look good. One more thing to not worry about your car when your out actually driving it! :lol: Wheels always look better on the street than parked in a garage. Theres not any wheel out there that *look* $3500 better to justify the price.