PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a wagon

D Stroud
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey fellows,

Great Site!

I’ve been lurking for a little while now so I decided I should introduce myself and say hello.

I have always been into restoring GM Muscle cars, but usually to factory correct specs.

This time I’ve decided to go a different route and am planning to do a resto-mod with some suspension goodies and this site looks like a great place to learn the ropes.

I will definitely have my work cut out for me as the platform that I’m using is a ’68 Pontiac Tempest Wagon. Don't laugh, I think it can be done :lol: can't it? :eek:

I don’t have the budget to build a full tilt car like the beauties you guys have on this site, but I’m hoping to build a fairly nice sled. Power will be a healthy 454 BBC through a Beefy 700R4 and 12 bolt 3.73 posi rear. That’s pretty much the extent of the pieces I have thus far, so the suspension and brakes options are still wide open for now.

I’m sure I will have tons of questions as I get goin. Hope you guys will bear with me.

If it turns out decent, I’ll probably go the same route with my basket case ’70 Chevelle.

D Stroud
12-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I guess I should have included a pic of the wagon.
You can see more of it on my website below albeit its not really much to look at right now.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/dwaynes69bb/Wagon/hpim0067ps.jpg

Derek69SS
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Welcome Stranger ;)

I vote for a ram-air hood, hood-tach, and GTO badges :cool: :unibrow:

See you around... (here and TC :) )

D Stroud
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, looks like they will let just anybody post over here. :thumbsup:

Whats up!

The Ram air hood and GTO treatment is definately in the works.
I've also found some pretty cool wheels that are within my budget.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.c.ang.jpg

$177 each for the fronts 17x9
and $207 each for the rears 18x9

Not the most spectacular wheels ever but the price is hard to beat.

Hows your project coming?

Derek69SS
12-29-2005, 07:01 PM
$177 each for the fronts 17x9
and $207 each for the rears 18x9

Not the most spectacular wheels ever but the price is hard to beat.

Hows your project coming?Great looking wheels... and they look even better when you mention the price :thumbsup:

I'll have pics of my progress posted here and on TC tomorrow :yes: Say hi to your brother-in-law for me :)

XcYZ
12-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard. Looks like you know some of the regulars already. :thumbsup: