Josh69
09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
No longer for sale!!!!

holmespine
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Nice Bird!!!

tones2SS
09-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Killer looking car Josh. I remember the build thread clearly. It sucks that you have to sell it.
Good luck with the sale man!:thumbsup:

Josh69
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah, it does suck, but I feel like I got carried away with the build. What was supposed to be a cheap $15K toy turned into the gorilla in the closet. My wife sacrificed her fully built Jeep Rubicon to allow me to build this car...and she's getting antsy for payback. Doh! Fortunately she's very understanding and truly enjoys many of the same things I do. Which leads me to selling the car. We do a lot of things together and we want to expand on some of our other hobbies that suit her better. She wants a new mountain sled, and a new boat. The first step is a new truck, since I don't trust my old one to make it to Colorado and back too many more times mid-winter.

I will consider a trade for a Black 2007 or 2008 Silverado with the new body style. Extended or crew cab, 1500 or 2500, 5.3L or 6.0L, plus cash. Looking for something in the $20-25K range, maybe more for the right truck.

I had this car appraised at $40K last fall before the latest round of significant updates, so that has already been done for bank loan/insurance purposes. I was easily able to finance the build through my credit union since the book value of '69 Firebirds has a broad range due to the value of certain cars. All I needed was the appraisal to make it happen. It is insured through Hagerty.

68400BIRD
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Josh, sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling the car. It is a beautiful car and the attention to detail is near perfect. I know who ever buys this car will be very happy with it. Everything is very well thought out and works well together. That's why I keep calling you and asking your thoughts on my project.:lol: Good Luck on the sale.

Josh69
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words Rob!

RBR
09-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Man thats a nice looking bird! Who ever gets that is going to be a loving it!:thumbsup:

Steve Firebird
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
How about trading for a jeep that can handle some real deep snow ,sand ,muck and mud.
You could tear around on the moutain with the radio on and stay warm. Then put the wheels back on in the summer and take it on the trails

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/sprouty64/YJ%20on%20Mattracks/DSCN0070.jpg

Josh69
09-02-2010, 02:32 PM
How about trading for a jeep that can handle some real deep snow ,sand ,muck and mud.
You could tear around on the moutain with the radio on and stay warm. Then put the wheels back on in the summer and take it on the trails

Now that is cool! I'd have a hard time convincing the old lady that she really wants this instead!

Josh69
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I would also consider a partial trade plus cash for a complete running early GM (66-73) muscle car in the $10-13K range. I truly mean, complete and running. I don't want any project beyond an oil change this time around. Something like my old Camaro pictured here, which I sold for $12K about 6 years ago.

Steve Firebird
09-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Now that is cool! I'd have a hard time convincing the old lady that she really wants this instead!
Ya thats what I figured ;) Good luck with the sale. Your car looks great.
I know what its like to have a build swing out of control.
Steve

Ron Fox
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Hate to hear your selling your Bird. Maybe something will come about and you will be able to keep her.

fleetus macmullitz
09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Nice car Josh. :thumbsup:

waynieZ
09-06-2010, 01:30 PM
sorry to hear your selling. Good luck with the sale.

Josh69
09-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Bumpity! I put 400 miles on it enjoying Northern MN this weekend. :thumbsup:

In full disclosure I updated the OP to reflect some of the flaws that I don't want to surprise anyone coming to view the car, keeping in mind that while much effort was taken to ensure a high quality, safe, reliable and well performing build, it's still a driver and was built with that in mind also.

wookham
10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
you still got this thing, my 70 camro maybe sold this weekend and i've been looking for one of these old birds

Josh69
10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Yep, still got it, drove it to work today in fact. :)

Couple of pics from a car show earlier this month.

tones2SS
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks awesome Josh.:thumbsup:
Good luck bud.:cheers:

Josh69
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
TTT.

Sounds like we're losing our biggest client on April 1st of next year, so time for this to go. I was all set on keeping it, but I gotta put my family first.

Josh69
12-07-2010, 08:35 AM

Roberts68
12-11-2010, 12:37 PM
As much as I hate the idea that you need to sell, you deserve a bump just for all the good info I have learned from you so far.

Talk about the deal of the year for a helluva nice ride.

PS Stock is for Sallie's.:thumbsup:

Josh69
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
TTT, spring is just around the corner....way, way over there, but it's coming...I swear!

Josh69
02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Spring is coming! I got a new job but I now have an 80 mile round trip commute, when means my daily driver needs to be replaced. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll keep it for another season because spring fever is setting in! :yes:

Ron Fox
02-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Keep it! I know you will be sick if you sell it. Get you a cheap ride for the trips to work.

Roberts68
02-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Keep it! I know you will be sick if you sell it. Get you a cheap ride for the trips to work.

Exactly.

What's 4 years of your passion worth to you? You didn't finance that through the bank. Based on our conversations I'm inclined to think the loss you would be taking goes way beyond monetary value.

Congrats on the new gig, we're very happy for you... now see about getting an econocruiser for the commute. It isn't THAT far, but maybe a old blue is a bit thirsty for it.

Things will work out, keep the Faith
:cheers:

Josh69
02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
It's a tough sell, no doubt. I can't put a price on what I've learned, or the sacrifices I've made to build it. I'm in a good position now, so it makes the decision even harder. But, I am very interested in the new 5.0L Mustang, and am sort of interested in the new Camaro SS. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to give up all I have in the Firebird, and get something that is still cool and fast that I could literally drive every day, and get double the mpg of either the car or my Silverado. That's the bottom line.

In the meantime, I think the Silverado is going up for sale, so if that sells before the car, I'll probably get a cheap commuter and just roll with it...it just sucks driving a beater for 2 hours a day. ;)

I did fire up the bird the other weekend just to hear it, and boy, was that a sweet sound! Might do it again tomorrow for some cheap thrills, supposed to be 36F. :thumbsup:

tones2SS
02-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I did fire up the bird the other weekend just to hear it, and boy, was that a sweet sound! Might do it again tomorrow for some cheap thrills, supposed to be 36F. :thumbsup:
You keep doing that, you'll end up keeping it! lol:yes:
GLWS. Don't low ball yourself too low. It's a nice car.:thumbsup:

Josh69
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
You keep doing that, you'll end up keeping it! lol:yes:
GLWS. Don't low ball yourself too low. It's a nice car.:thumbsup:

You're right! I hooked up the battery last night, fired it up on the first crank, jacked it up and took it off the dollies, went and put 10mi on it quick. Decided to keep it for another summer. :lateral:

strtlegal
03-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry to ask this here Josh but what center console did you end up using? Looks like something that would come out of a factory car..

Thanks

Josh69
03-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry to ask this here Josh but what center console did you end up using? Looks like something that would come out of a factory car..

Thanks

I got it out of the NPD catalog...can't recall the mfgr. It's a very nice set-up, and has a nice cushion for an armrest. Only fits cans though, so no bottles, cup is too small. It has velcro to keep it in position. They make a version like mine that sits right on the transmission tunnel, and another that saddles a factory console.

tones2SS
03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
You're right! I hooked up the battery last night, fired it up on the first crank, jacked it up and took it off the dollies, went and put 10mi on it quick. Decided to keep it for another summer. :lateral:

Very cool. Enjoy Josh.:cheers:

Ron Fox
03-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Good to hear that you are keeping her!

knger2000
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
your car is close to what im trying to do! its beautiful and i would be sick if i had to sell mine and its not even that nice

Roberts68
04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
No longer for sale!!!!
:woot:

:thumbsup: Hang on tight!!!

Enjoy the ride!

:cheers: