PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Saleen Mustang

SS1156
08-07-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and list it for sale so I can either trade for a 70-73 Camaro or I will buy one of the 2 that I have found. For the good stuff: The car is Black & Gold hatchback w/ rare 17" gold Sterns wheels (8" in front & 9" in rear). I have only seen 3 cars in this color combo and the other 2 are converts. The car is all numbers matching (trans is a new Astro Superduty 2.95 T-5 but I have the numbers matching case w/ vin stamped on it), the car has a lot of BBK extras that were installed by the previous owner. The car has the BBK SSI intake w/ 70mm tb, high flow fuel rails, adj fuel pressure regulator, BBK cold air tube, BBK Alum valve covers, BBK Chrome strut tower brace, new King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, MAC rear end cover w/ girdle, new 2 row all aluminum radiator (keeps car soo cool here in FL), ice cold a/c, ALL ROYAL PURPLE fluids, the REAL Recaros are in excellent shape, dash is perfect, the carpet is in excellent shape, the paint is decent, all the ground effects are original and are in good shape. I will be honest, I love the car and it gets a ton of looks. I have always loved these cars since I saw my first one back in the late 80's, but growing up I have always owned GM's. I have had GTO's, 442's, SS Chevelle's, Camaro's, GS's, cause back in those days you could still find these cars sitting at peoples houses that weren't doing anything with them. Hell, I still know of a few sitting but since the internet people have figured that there rotting old muscle car is worth more then their house they have become experts. Ok I got off track a little, I guess I am missing having a Camaro or some old piece of iron. If I can't get the Camaro I want or the price I want for the Saleen I will just keep it. I still love the car and people to this day tell me how much they love the car. I just been bitten by the PT bug. I posted up in the introduction asking for some advice and I appreciate everyone that posted. I am posting a link to some pics of the car, feel free to browse and pass the word. I know a lot of my Saleen friends probably will be mad or just might not understand, but I gotta do what makes me happy because I have had a real rough 3 years of my life that I really don't feel comfortable sharing just yet, but I will just say "it's been really bad". Thank you for looking. Oh yeah.....the price. I'm asking $15,000 obo you can call 727-450-9024 and please leave a message.........Thank you for reading all my crap.

www.fquick.com/ss1156 and if you look me up ss1156ss on flickr there's more but I don't know how to post that link, I can just log into it...lol

SS1156
08-08-2010, 05:08 AM
I have found 3 Camaros that i am interested in. I want this sold. Hell I will pay someone that finds me a buyer.

Matt@BOS
08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Nice car! do you have it posted on all of the various Mustang forums? It's a pretty rare car and collectable car at a reasonable price, and I'm guessing someone out in Mustang land (and there are a ton of people out there) would grab it up.

Good luck with the sale.

Matt

SS1156
08-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah I have it listed. Thanks Matt.

SS1156
08-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I wasn't going to include this stereo but after some thought I might as well leave it in there. The car has a Pioneer DVD head unit (not cutting of the dash, fits in the stock opening with correct installation kit), Alpine Type R front component speakers w/ tweeter in the dash, Type R in the rear sail panels, MTX 12" sub in ported box in the hatch area, Planet Audio mids & high amp w/ 60x4, and the 1200 watt monoblock Planet Audio running the sub. All the gains on the amps are turned way low and this system will move the hair in your ears and nose. The system installed was around $2700 and I am going to leave it in the car unless the new buyer does not want it and we can work out a deal on the price. I do have the original Pioneer eq but not the original cd player. I might be able to get you the correct cd player but we can discuss that upon purchase.

SS1156
08-11-2010, 04:59 AM
I forgot to add that I will include the 2 magazines that the Saleen was in. It was a feature article in one of the Saleen magazines and it was also in another issue covering a show in Orlando where I got 2nd place.

SS1156
08-13-2010, 03:01 AM
There were 87 Saleen Mustangs, 9 10th Anniv hatchbacks (the go for approx $75k-$80k), 5 SC cars (motor work done by factory), and 1 RRR (the car that Tim Allen had specially made for him). So there were a total of 102 cars made in 93. The way my car is optioned is one of the rare ones. I will break it down from the information I was given.

3 Black & Gold cars, 2 converts & 1 hatchback. 2 factory sunroof cars. The car also has the rare 17" 1 piece Sterns.

I am going to be adding an SA-10 hood in the sale of the car. The hood needs to be finished as I bought it from Champion Fiberglass that makes replica hoods. The hood does need to go to a body shop and have it fitted to the car. We bolted it to the car and wrote notes on the hood as to what needed to be done for the correct fitment. I can get a photo of it if someone is really interested in the car.

SS1156
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
ttt.....

SS1156
08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
ttt....

SS1156
08-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Ttt....

tones2SS
08-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Good luck with the sale man.:cheers:
(I would love to buy a car like that, mini tub it, killer chassis and LS powered. Hey, I can dream, right?!?:_paranoid :D )

SS1156
08-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Good luck with the sale man.:cheers:
(I would love to buy a car like that, mini tub it, killer chassis and LS powered. Hey, I can dream, right?!?:_paranoid :D )

LOL...I know the feeling. I am dreaming about getting a job.

tones2SS
08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
LOL...I know the feeling. I am dreaming about getting a job.

We're in the same boat brother! It's wicked tough out there, especially where you live in Florida. Just keep surging forward.
Good luck with everything man!:thumbsup:

SS1156
08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
We're in the same boat brother! It's wicked tough out there, especially where you live in Florida. Just keep surging forward.
Good luck with everything man!:thumbsup:

Thanks man. I wish I could sell this car, it would give me some breathing room.

SS1156
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
$12,000, how many 93 Saleen Mustangs do you see in this price range......NONE. This is a 1 of 56 cars made vehicle. It's actually a 1 of 1 with this color combo being a hatchback. This car will only go up in value. I am unemployed and have been for over 2 months, this is the ONLY reason I am selling the car. I guess it's time to let go of my pride and admit that I am going to be homeless soon. This is embarrassing to admit but this economy has killed my line of work. I have applied for jobs that I am over qualified and have told the employer that I don't care what my resume says, I need the job. If something does break soon, they will be burying me in the car. Someone will be getting an awesome deal.

Ron in SoCal
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Time to run an ad in autotrader.com! Hang in there man....

SS1156
08-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Time to run an ad in autotrader.com! Hang in there man....

Hey Flash, I appreciate the pep talk and I am trying to do the best I can. I'll be honest that I haven't had good luck with them. I have learned that more people hang out on these boards then look on Autotrader.com. I know it's just the economy that's keeping people from buying the car. I figure if I just keep trying, the right person will be looking through all my ads and scoop it up. Thanks again Flash.

Mayo

Ron in SoCal
08-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Welcome Bro. I know how sh*t piles up sometimes. I've sold many cars and bikes through the trader. They probably get 500x the hits you get on these boards. It's not a $100k car, so sooner or later it'll sell....

SLO_Z28
08-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Actually im interested in your 96SS lol. Its hard to find fourth gens for some reason.

Good luck with the sale, im seriously considering it at that price, dont think I need another project for a daily driver though.

SS1156
08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Actually im interested in your 96SS lol. Its hard to find fourth gens for some reason.

Good luck with the sale, im seriously considering it at that price, dont think I need another project for a daily driver though.

To be honest it's not really a project. I drive the car everyday. Not only will you love driving it, you will be helping me out more than you will ever know. You will never see another 93 at this price again. With only 56 hatches made in 93 they are very hard to find. I hate to sell it but I have exhausted my savings account and I am left with no choice but to sell it.