PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on possible used car loan

Keith
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I posted this on p-t as well hoping to reach anyone that can help as I know everyone here knows a good group of car people.....I need some advice or a referral to someone who might be able to answer my question here. A pretty amazing car just fell into my lap for sale that I never thought would be sold. It's a 95Z28 with a fresh, vortech-blown 383 LT1 to a modded t56 to a moser 12blt w/ strange axles. My question is because isn't stock, how do I about getting a loan for this car? It's being sold for well below what just the parts cost but isn't worth that on paper to a loan officer. My credit isn't an issue, just want to know if I should get the car appraised and then try for the loan based off appraisal or is there a co. that specializes in this sortof loan? any suggestions would be helpful....thanks.

This is the chassis dyno at 10psi :D
http://www.caspeed.com/images/z28530dyno.png

1970cuda
01-15-2005, 06:42 PM
if you belong to a credit union. try a signature loan.

hotwheels
01-15-2005, 06:53 PM
your best bet if you are serious about purchasing the car, is to have the owner have the car appraised by a licensed car appraiser........then take a copy of the apprasial to your bank and get a loan on it........it is pretty simple actually, specially if you have fairly decent credit or a good relationship with your bank...............

hotwheels of turborides :thumbsup:

camcojb
01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
J.J. Best Co. does pretty reasonable loans on specialty cars, though they'll want an appraisal and you have to have very good credit.

Jody

Keith
01-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll look into them! I'm still getting the Cobalt SS but this just sems like a really good deal. Drivetrain has 14K on it with all the good stuff and he wants 10K for it. Plus the combo has a lot of potential left in it with some more lt1 edit and boost. Pretty reasonable don't you think?