PDA

View Full Version : Another Mopar newbie.

Cuda1
12-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Mick and I am new to the pro touring scene. I have owned a 1973 'Cuda for the last ten years. It was mostly street raced for the majority of the time that i have owned it (helped pay my way through college) and I occaionaly took it to a fastest street car event. It has now sat in my garage for the past year collecting dust, so a friend suggested that I put it back on the street, (this time a bit more law enforcement friendly). I was sick and tired of the '56 gear, spool, obnoxiously loud exhuast, race fuel, etc., so I have decided to transform it into a pro touring ride.

I have already begun swapping out the 500" nitrous motor for a more user friendly 500" pump gas motor and I am in the process of changing out the 8" converter and transmission for a tighter converter and a freshened up tranny. I also plan on installing the Magnum Force K-member kit and swapping out the stock front disc brakes for a set of Aerospace Components brakes (they make some of the nicest products I have seen). I hope to tuck a 20"x10" rim under the rear (currently wears a 15x10 Holeshot with a 29.0 x 13.5 Hoosier Quicktime Pro- in a stock wheel well!) and hopefully a 18" or 19"x 8" up front. The rear of the car still wears it's ladder bar and coilover set up, so I don't expect it to handle very well any time soon, but this will be addressed just as soon as I can research (afford) a new four link set up. I am also thinking of air suspension, hhhmmm. It already has the prerequiste cage, belts and autometer gauges, but the interior will been brought up to par with a new steering wheel and a new pair of seats.

Well, I am happy to introduce myself and even happier that I am excited again about driving and building on my Cuda. I will post pics as soon as I get back out into the garage to take them, (a new paint job is in order of course) and hope to hear from the other Mopar nuts out there.

I am glad to see the number of high profile Mopar builds on TV lately, and look forward to seeing even more Mopars representing the Pro-touring tradition.
(You chevy guys have had it easy for too long :P ).

DRJDVM's '69
12-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Sweeett.... another guy that can help me with my Mopar questions !!!

Pharcyderide
12-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I agree Cuda1 glad to have a fellow Mopar on the block!