PDA

View Full Version : Pro-touring G-mashine race car coming together

Roadrage David
12-15-2005, 03:38 AM
Hi there first time im posting here i belive . have varius pictures of my project cald Full Metal Jacket . on the pro-touring website . but thought lets put some pic here as wel . My car is a 68 pontiac firebird . it hase all the goodies here are some pictures . i hope you guys like it . ps forgeve my spelling im a dutchman blessed with dislectia .

XcYZ
12-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Welcome, David. Cool project and it's nice to see a Firebird getting the treatment. :thumbsup:

RussMS
12-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Welcome David.

Nice to see a Firebird here. We are a tad Camaro heavy :D

Speedster
12-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Awesome car David.
Looks like you have been doing your homework...
Welcome to lateral-g.

From a fellow '68 Birdbrain. :unibrow:
-Bruce

hotwheels
12-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Welcome to lateral-g, that is a beautiful car you have there...... :thumbsup:

nazar
12-15-2005, 01:15 PM
what size rear wheel is that? tire?

What offset and backspacing? Looks like at least a 17x11"?

Lookin great, I like that color

hotroddr
12-15-2005, 01:39 PM
you punk!...I was going to paint my 68 firebird that color....now its been done, and looks GREAT I might add, so I cant do that anymore. Welcome...glad to see another firebird
-Dennis

Roadrage David
12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys i feel right at home lolol i got manny more pictures . car hase a dse mini tub kit , but we didnt use the metal beam from side to side insted we used a more simple and stok looking aprotch . car hase 17 x11 x 315 x35 in the rear with 7 inch backspaceing . 17 x 8 x 255 x 40 in front .dse supframe conectors billet body mounts . moser 12 bold 33 spline performance suspention componends stage iv system . tr2004r level 3 bowtie overdrive trans ecetera ecetera , and of cours traditional 400/461 stroker 550+ hp injun engine .affin the whole 9 yards ...

907rs
12-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Nice car, I love that color, David. I faintly remember reading on another board that you're from across the pond... Where abouts do you reside?

Ummgawa
12-15-2005, 03:44 PM
You are doing well with dyslexia. I suffer from Lessdicksia if it is any consolation. :D You have a sweet Pontiac and we have a good bit of Pontiac dudes here, so you'll find a great place to stay and post. Please give us all as many pictures as possible, we love 'em. Great Project!! :thumbsup:

Roadrage David
12-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Tanks for the warm welkom guys . i notised the presends of some first gen firebirds . color is cald VERT MAORI its from a peugeot 206 cc . here are some more pic .

Datsbad
12-15-2005, 09:28 PM
. I suffer from Lessdicksia if it is any consolation. :D :

I AM WONDERING WHAT THIS MEANS???

Bill Howell
12-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Great to see you here David. English is David's second or third language too, but I have read his posts enough now that it all makes sense. Well, maybe after the second time. lol
Oh, and David is a purist, no chevy motors in his Pontiacs, right David. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
That color is really starting to grow on me. I've never been much for green, but I think it looks great on your 68, especially with those wheels.

Of course, more pictures would help. :D :thumbsup:

Ricochet
12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Welcome abaord David! Like a few have already said, nice to see a Firebird aboard. All Pontiac deboot. You are amongst some great company around here. I'm sure you'll fit in nicely. Keep up the good work & like Scott said...MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

Brent

Ricochet
12-16-2005, 12:02 AM
You are doing well with dyslexia. I suffer from Lessdicksia if it is any consolation. :D :thumbsup:

As always..Never a dull moment with Jim in the house! Your killing me Kid!! :lol:

Roadrage David
12-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Great to see you here David. English is David's second or third language too, but I have read his posts enough now that it all makes sense. Well, maybe after the second time. lol
Oh, and David is a purist, no chevy motors in his Pontiacs, right David. :thumbsup:......... Thats right Bill :D :D purist it iz but engine only :P added some more pic . .. last picture is the car from my frind a 71 455 formula with myself and my pride and joy my oldest son . he is state ch boxing , and lost the national ch ship titel by 1 round(my fault) got 2 other sons who are boxing as wel . altho the cars are my hobby my sons are my life . :cool:

Roadrage David
12-16-2005, 12:36 AM
some more pic ., including de pic of my son it was to big for the previus post . got plenty of eurly fabrication / welding pict but i dont whant to bother you guys with that ......

Roadrage David
12-16-2005, 12:48 AM
ok one more post :D :D . the grey soft fome is from a ofshore shipyard its used in the living /sleeping rooms its 10mm thick . its holding the cold out in winter and heat in summer . you ad it like a sticker you peal off the plastic/paper wrap . the best i could find ..

Kendall Burleson
12-16-2005, 02:45 AM
great looking ride the color is killer it going to be sweet project went it completed.nice :hail:

XcYZ
12-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Wow, fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Be sure to read this thread, your car would make an awesome addition. :yes:

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=1196

bri2203
01-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Keep posting pictures

I have a 70 chevelle that I want to paint mist green.
How your firebird is turing out, and am more confident that it will look sweet with a funky green.

Roger Poirier
01-23-2006, 08:57 AM
I also know David from pro touring. Great guy! :thumbsup: Watch out he is a purist in relation to engines. The same school I came from.

R.P.

P.S. David, I have have seen more pics here then I have from the other site.
Good news - they seem to appreciate them more.

Roger Poirier
01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Keep posting pictures

I have a 70 chevelle that I want to paint mist green.
How your firebird is turing out, and am more confident that it will look sweet with a funky green.

Stick to your guns, did you check out the Overhaulin green vette yet?

R.P.

P.S. Please reply in your other thread. Thanks, R.P.

markss28
01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Great firebird. I love all f-bodies and would like a firebird to get away a little from the camaro.

Roadrage David
12-09-2007, 03:58 AM
ok some overdue updates!

Roadrage David
12-09-2007, 04:25 AM
some more

syborg tt
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm really digging the green. I think shades of green are the most underused coler in the automotive world. To Bad - car lloks great

awr68
12-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Really like this car David!! Did you relocate the wiper motor? I agree the colors are great and I'm sure look amazing outdoors! Thanks for the update!! :thumbsup:

Roadrage David
12-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks Syborg Awr , and yes the color is amazing outdoors if i say so myself. i havend met anybody yet that didnt stoot in awe seeing the color up close.. and yes we relocated the wiper motor:thumbsup: . This car will be the first ever car in the world beside the inventor , with a traditonal american V 8 engine equipt with a Vari Lift system aka V-tec .. i have some more updates neckst week ..

Lenie
12-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Very nice work David. It's nice to see other birds for motivation.
Lenie

Roadrage David
12-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks leni here are some more pictures . this must be the tightest fit 3 inch x pipe hybrid exaust system under a lowerd dse mini tub first gen f body.. it took 3 man 4 days work to get it right!!!!.

67ragtp
12-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Dave,

The car looks awesome, I had the same issues with my pipes, I must have pulled them out 6 times until I got it right. Its tight back there.

I couldn't help notice, you did not connect the DSE frame connectors to the sub, perhaps you haven't got to it yet. I often wonder if the sub frame connectors are effective with out welding the plates to join the two sides. It certainly makes removal of the sub a lot easier.

looking good!!

Rich

Roadrage David
12-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Rich the rezen we did not connect the subframe conectors yet is because the car hase been build from the bottom up and we whant to give the car some time to ""settle"" first before we weld them up .
as for the exaust the 3 inch pipes x pipe is useles for a lowerd car, so we had the x custom build . and had the system lift up bij 2 1/2 inches for better ground clearens. i just didnt whant to sacrifice them indian adventure 2 inch primary headers! with 3 1/2 colectors and go for the 1 7/8 better ground clearens dougs headers ...
the car is getting on now and eurly new year the beast will rore..

Roadrage David
09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
We are nearly there!!!!!!!!!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkvqVQXn8Y

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=E7x040HruIw