PDA

View Full Version : Another Camaro nut!!

fletcherscustoms
12-13-2005, 09:26 AM
First off love the site!!

I just recently aquired my next project a 69 Camaro Coupe. This is my second camaro the first was a 69 with 18/20 combo, big Baer brakes, and nice little SBC. I ended up selling it way to cheap and want to cry everyday for letting the car go. This next car will be my dream car and will be built from the ground up in my shop www.fletcherscustoms.com only work being outsourced is the motor work but my good buddy is doing it for me so its all staying in the family. This car will be my baby and I cannot wait to start on it!

Project plans
69 Camaro coupe
All new sheetmetal, quarter, roof, trunk, floors, front clip
396 LT1 with Twin Garrett Gt-40 turbos, built by MPE performance
Turbo 400 tranny with Gear Vendors overdrive
DSE 4 link
Wayne due Subchassis
ART Shochwaves on all four corners
18/20 Intro Wheel Combo
Big Wilwood or Baer brake setup
hydro boost

XcYZ
12-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

Right on, sounds like an awesome project. Looks like you have it outlined pretty well. What color will it be?

TravisB
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
hey Boiler maker......

glad to see you made it over here as well. Have you found a good project car yet? Do you have any pics of the car you sold?

fletcherscustoms
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Car will be Cortez Silver with Gunmetal Grey stripes!! Always had a fancy for Silver cars!!

I am going to pick up the car this weekend. got a nice car for the money I think. It needs all new panels and new driver floor but it was a good deal considering what junkers are selling for now.

fletcherscustoms
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Here's a picture of the car I got. Quarters and roof are already fitted just need final welding! Good ole Ebay!

I payed more than I wanted to but considering boat anchors are selling for more than this one around here I thought it was a good deal. Watched a 69 vert that you could crawl through one quarter into the trunk step on the ground and then crawl though the othe quarter and never touch sheetmetal sell for $5800 at the Moultrie Swap meet a few weeks ago. Even the firewall had a basketball size rust hole in it, and the flintstones would not have even been able to drive at the floors were so gone there was no were to sit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4596342001&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT#ebayphotohosting

XcYZ
12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Car will be Cortez Silver with Gunmetal Grey stripes!! Always had a fancy for Silver cars!!

Nice score. :yes:

The color sounds cool, I like silver too.

steemin
12-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Boilermaker,
Welcome to the site.
I hope that Boilermaker doesn't mean you went to Purdue?
If so just j/k :)
Scott

fletcherscustoms
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Boilermaker,
Welcome to the site.
I hope that Boilermaker doesn't mean you went to Purdue?
If so just j/k :)
Scott

I get that often so don't worry. Name actually comes from what I do for a living! My family owns a large boiler business, and its what I have done since I was born! Guess it helps to be certifed welder in everything known to man!!

907rs
12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Welcome Boilermaker! Can't wait to see updates.

hotwheels
12-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Welcome to lateral-g boilermaker...........great to meet ya, and i too look forward to updates...... :thumbsup:

Smack_talker
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Welcome.....sounds like your in GA. Good Luck with this 69. Looks like it has a good start on it.

HAULNSS
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
I bet you know Gene Zebley with the twin turbo Impala SS, huh? :D He uses the screen name 'Boilermaker', too. ;)

I met Gene two years ago when he attended the Car Craft Summer Nats in St. Paul, MN

Randy

lil427z
12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
welcome . :captain:
rick kirkindall :)

fletcherscustoms
12-15-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah me and Gene work together!! Yeah I have heard we both use the same screen name

clinthart
12-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Ha. Looking at the eBay pics, I thought it was my car for a second. Then I saw the rims. Hew, almost had a heart attach. ;)

http://www.project-quicksilver.com/first_fitting/first_fitting_001.jpg
http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/b5/b5/0a_1.JPG